Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some baby things.

We're going to have a little girl here in a couple weeks, and I'd like to get a couple cheesy little Navy and submarine things that are made for especially for girls. That is, pink. I'd kind of like something with a pink submarine on it that says "My daddy is a submariner" or maybe something with a pink anchor. Don't hate. I know it sounds crazy. :shame:

Does anyone think they can pull this off? I'm mentioning it not just for myself, but I know a lot of other women who would love to get their hands on the same thing. If anyone is interested in making a gazillion dollars off the sub community, make up a onesie with a pink submarine on it. :laugh:

I can't say that I'd buy every little thing myself, but I'd be more than happy to pass along your ebay/etsy site on all the other message boards I hang out at. You'd make a killing. I just bought a gift for another wife on our boat who just had a little girl, and I found literally ONE thing on etsy that was both sub-related and made for a girl even though so many moms I know want something like this.

Anyway, I'm not the least bit crafty and I have no idea what kind of work or material would go into something like this but I'd love for you to tell me all about it.

:)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
8,714 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas, guys. I think I might pass them along to my mom and MIL. Maybe they can come up with something, since they got skillz. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I just sent you a PM. One of my good friends (also a Navy wife here in Poulsbo) has an embroidery business that she is trying to get started.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I could embroider the items on onesies if you have an actual picture in mind?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I want some baby things.

We're going to have a little girl here in a couple weeks, and I'd like to get a couple cheesy little Navy and submarine things that are made for especially for girls. That is, pink. I'd kind of like something with a pink submarine on it that says "My daddy is a submariner" or maybe something with a pink anchor. Don't hate. I know it sounds crazy. :shame:

Does anyone think they can pull this off? I'm mentioning it not just for myself, but I know a lot of other women who would love to get their hands on the same thing. If anyone is interested in making a gazillion dollars off the sub community, make up a onesie with a pink submarine on it. :laugh:
Well, I do embroidery and have alot of baby stuff that I've been doing. i'll have to see what I can come up with in my digitizing program!

for examples: www.freewebs.com/monkeyfacedesigns

*going off to the sewing room today*

Debbie in Missouri

1 - 7 of 7 Posts