Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking around craigslist at large quantities of knex as my son has some but wants more for Christmas -i know what the retail prices are etc and i was shocked to see that people were asking MORE then the retail costs at TRU pr amazon on an opened package when i could get it new for less !!!

i don't know if they just don't realize that i fit was new 2 years ago at 99$ its clearances at 50$ new now and no one is paying 120$ for your open set !!!

then i saw this and almost choked- i try not to judge people - think of the worse circumstances they may have - not everyone has the same things available for them etc etc and i dunno maybe i am overprotective or distrustful when it comes to my kids but i would loose a job and live in a box before l just handed my 2 yo over for 7 hours to someone i never knew before and advertised for on craigslist with no time to check into them etc !!
money doesn't mean a think compared to my child possibly being hurt

"Hello i am in need of last min daycare for my 2yr old daughter today which is Saturday around 1030 am... Requirements must me clean environment, smoke free, and i prefer you to have a child there so she can play with. I am looking for childcare between around 1030 til about 5 or 6..Please email me and i will respond right away. Thanks

is this scary to anyone else but me ???

·
19,119 Posts
Wonder if anyone called CPS on them. Totally wrong thing to do to any child.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Okay, :yikes:, :yikes: and ahh :yikes:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well you would need to respond to her email and then get her to give you info to have CPS called but i also wondered if legally she wasnt putting that child at risk .

odd to me also that she didnt mention she was going to work ( only reason i even see close to acceptable for doing for some people that is fear of losing a job - ) and it appears a 1 x deal -

she sounds faily educated by her email also
part of me wonders if possibly the babys father flaked on his responsibilites and she was just trying to teach him a lesson -i just cannot imagaine someone doing this to a 2 yo.

·
19,119 Posts
You are being very kind.

No matter the reason or who she may be getting back at - it's wrong. No excuses - too many whackos out there.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh i meant maybe she just was scaring the guy into stepping up and she didnt actually have any intentions of doing it - IE fine you dont come get her so i can do what i had planned i will find someone who can placed the ad and sent him a link to get him to step up- i have heard of crazier things

i just cant fathom someone doing it at all- so i guess i am trying to find another reason for the ad than actually doing it .
otherwise i will be worried about the poor child all night !!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
My goodness! That post actually hurt my stomach! I hope if it is actually for "real", that some kindly and sane person stepped in for the job.

What on earth was she thinking??? Or maybe I should say why ISN'T she thinking?

It'll be hard not to think about that child tonight! Now I'm getting mad at her stupidity!!!!!! Unbelievable in this day and age!

Theresa

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Sad part is i see this alot on craigslist. Noway would i everlist or respond. I don't think dfs or cps can do anything unless something did happen to the child. Even though its very obvious this mother doesn't really care who she leaves her child with.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I would absolutely NOT advertise for childcare needed on Craiglist. I remember how hard it can be to find a babysitter at the last minute, but advertising there just seems too risky to me.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i havent heard anything in the news about a hurt or missing 2 yo so i feel better .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.