Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching the Pets section of our local craigslist since we've been thinking about adopting another dog. I came across an ad looking for a pet sitter for a week in Sept.

I arranged to meet the dog and owner, and it looks like my SO and I have a good chance of making a few extra bucks watching the guy's dog. He also mentioned he may need a sitter around the holidays.

Since my SO's helping, we'll just put any extra money we may earn towards shared bills.

Crossing my fingers everything works out.

And best of all - the dog seems pretty easy going, and gets along with our dog.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Good luck !!! Hope you get the job - sounds fun.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
sounds like a good way to see how you'd function as a group with another dog too.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
dont you just love craigslist :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've found apartments, furniture, and -now- possibly a little extra income .... all on craigslist.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That's great! I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
737 Posts
We did this for two months last spring/summer...kept a dog in our home. The money wasn't great, but I felt for the woman and her circumstances. The dog really was wonderful but improperly (or not at all depending on your view) trained and destroyed more in value than we ever made:( I would never tell anyone not to something, but I wanted to share my experience.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They're bringing over the dog's crate.... The pup will be crated or confined to one area of the home when we're not around.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I hope it turns out well for you, good luck and let us know how things go! :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're bringing over the dog's crate.... The pup will be crated or confined to one area of the home when we're not around.
They brought him over last night, and things are going great so far. They paid 1/2 up front, and will pay the other 1/2 at the end of the week.

We're all headed to the dog park this weekend to let the dogs run off some of their energy.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
the best part could be that he continues to call on you to dog sit. :D

a good, trustworthy petsitter is hard to find - once he finds a great one in you, he'll keep coming back. :D

good luck & have fun!

and don't forget to tell him to mention you to his friends ;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the best part could be that he continues to call on you to dog sit.
I hope so!

:vibes:

My SO rode his skateboard around the neighborhood tonight, and the dog was on the leash pulling him up the hills.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am amazed by the amount of activity on Craigslist... I've had better luck advertising through them than I do by placing expensive ads in the newspaper.

....and it's great for finding services too, as you have found out.

Good luck with your pet sitting experience.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
wow, that's terrific, hope it all works out!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Things went well. We made $130 for watching him for 8 days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts