1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cranberry Pork Roast

Recipe Description
sweet, succulant pork with a sweet/tart sauce

So good, there were no leftovers from our family of five. The kids preferred the meat with ketchup, but more sophisticated (adult) palettes enjoyed the sauce.​
Preparation Steps:
In medium bowl, mash cranberry sauce. Add sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Mix well.​
Level of Difficulty:
easy​
Time Needed:
10 minutes prep/6-8 hours cooking​
Ingredients:
1 pork roast (I used a butt roast)

1 16 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup cranberry juice

1 teaspoon dry mustard

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

2 tablespoons cornstarch or other thickener

2 tablespoons cold water

salt to taste​
Serves:
Directions:
Place pork roast in slow cooker. Pour sauce over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.

Remove roast and keep warm. Skim fat from juices. Measure two cups, adding water if necessary, and pour into saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.

Combine cornstarch (or other thickening agent) and cold water to make a paste. Stir into sauce and cook, stirring contantly, until thickened. Serve with sliced roast.

Notes:
1)Original recipe calls for 2.5 pound rolled loin roast. I substituted a butt roast, more meat for less money, and was quite pleased with the results. It's less elegant but just as tasty.

2)I used "lite" cranberry juice because that's what I bought (accidently). It was very tasty; I'm guessing that non-lite will be a bit less sweet.

3)I used fresh-ground cloves and fancy dried mustard. I tend to have a heavier hand with spices, and not use salt.​

·
Registered
352 Posts
This sounds really yummy.....I have all the ingredients except for the cranberry juice. I guess I'll be picking up soon since there's a bunch of pork loins in the freezer that I've been wanting to try something new.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Thanks. I love trying new crock pot recipes. This one looks really yummy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts