Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm officially having cravings. Tomorrow I'll be 11 weeks and everyone has been asking me if I'm craving anything. Well now I am. I want salty foods, espically chips. I've never even kept chips in the house because I don't want the kids to eat junk but I may have to start buying them.

I'm also having major food aversions. Very little sound good to me. Normally I have a major sweet tooth but now the thought of sweets makes me sick. I'll probabally have a baked potato for lunch (with lots of salt). Fighting nausea all the time isn't helping with the aversions.

What did you crave when you were pregnant?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I know this is going to sound gross, but dont most cravings from pregnant women!!
I craved fresh fruits and veggies all the time, but the gross crap was, rare (almost raw) steak, and pickles dipped in ranch dressing HAHAHAAAAA
Funny thing, the pickles are gross to me now, but I have since eaten my steakes RARE and I do get alot crap about it but I love em that way!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I went through phases.
M&M's
Snickers
Pickles
and I could not get enough fried okra...literally! lol

·
Registered
513 Posts
With my first daughter (12 now) I craved Watermelon the entire time. Do you know how much watermelon costs in Ohio during the winter? I would eat two whole ones per week. My second daughter (6 now) I craved those jars of Dole peaches. For some reason I have expensive cravings. ha ha. With my son (3 now) I craved Subway BMT subs with lettuce, tomato, extra pickles, green peppers, banana peppers, salt, pepper, mayo, mustard, oil and vinegar. If one item was wrong or not on the sandwich the whole thing was just ruined for me. Needless to say, I gained more weight with the last one than the first two.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have been craving chips a lot too. It's hard, because they're expensive and I really don't have the money in my budget for chips! I've also been into pizza. I've been making pita bread pizzas for myself and that usually hits the spot!

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
First trimester all I wanted was meat, ribs steak etc and normally I don't eat much meat at all. After the first trimester, I lived on deli tuna subs, cheerios with fat free milk, sugar free hot cocoa and fresh pinapple, I don't know where that came from because prepregnancy I could never be bothered with cleaning and cutting one, by my 6th month (mid winter) I was eating almost a whole one each day. I had so many aversions to things I normally eat. I couldn't chinese food, lettuce of any type, cooked fish was iffy, yogurt had to be blended, blah blah blah. I know now that it was the baby because my little princess is a monster carnivor who loves any kind of meat, fresh pinapple is her favorite fruit and will only eat the blended types of yogurt.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I had an aversion to all dairy but I still wanted to eat it. I also had an aversion to sauerkraut and it made me nauseous.

When I was pregnant, it was peanut butter cups and Arby's. I could eat at least three beef and cheddars, a large curly fries and a drink by myself.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
With DD it was PB&J sandwiches and Doritos by the pound. I was 90 pounds when I got pregnant with her and for the first time in my life I felt free to eat things I normally would not have (high calorie, bad for you stuff).

With DS I could not keep anything down for 6 weeks. The entire 6 weeks I lived off of salt and apple juice. Forget using a cup, I carried around the carton of juice and licked salt from my hand.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The only thing I really craved was cheese!! We had a Mexican restaurant right next to the bank that I worked at and I ate there almost everyday. The waiter new I always wanted extra cheese.

I still love cheese.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
When I was pregnant with Kathryn I craved fresh strawberries and root beer popsicles.

I craved :popcorn: when I was pregnant with Lauren.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
With ds i craved peanut butter a ton. omg i carried a jar around with me. it was nuts. then toward end I could not get enough taco bell tacos. ew.

with dd i craved lots of fruits and anything with mayo. I put mayo on everything. weird werid cravings.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I love fruit, salads, a salty/spicey things. We ate Mexican at least 2 times (if not more) a week when I was pregnant with Paige. My comfort foods for both (eventhough the first trimester was in the summer has been soup) then again, soup is my comfort food anyway.
In fact for lunch today I am making me a pot of potato soup and I will be taking the left overs to work with me tomorrow since I have to pull an all day shift with no help since we are short handed again.

I still eat pretty much what I did when I wasn't pregnant and those combos were weird then.
For example I use honey mustard instead of marinara for cheese sticks (always did that, but some people thought it was a pregnant thing) and the big one was a on Meatball subs from Subway I always get banana peppers or jalapenos and the spicey mustard. Joes sister told him that it must be a pregnant thing and he said, "she's been doing that since '95 when we meet and I hope she hasn't been pregnant for 9 1/2 years...lol

Aversions: Non so far, with Paige, I had to get Chinese food from the chains that didn't have buffets, because the smell of the sushi and the raw fish areas at stores made me want to hurl...lol

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
With my first I craved bologna and cheese sandwiches, I HATE bologna!!!! With #4 all I could keep down was Jalapeno Doritos and diet Pepsi. That baby is now 5 and LOVES spicy food.
Ha ha, I did the same thing with Paige. I would eat fried bologna sandwiches and add onions and salt to them. And ate my weights worth of Salt & Vinegar chips or the salsa flavored doritos...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.