Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
came home from church tonight. Had to take the boy to play practice. DH said he had something to show me. He showed me the pink dryer! He then said he has been up since 4 and he just couldnt handle it tonight sooooo I have been working for 3 hours to get the crayon out of the dryer and let me tell ya it aint fun!

·
27,948 Posts
I'm so sorry! Have you gotten it out? Reading online it looks like scraping what you can see away then use WD40 to wipe it away followed by good old soap and water may help. Unfortunately dryers have all those little holes that are perfect for more to hide.:dis:
For the clothing use wd 40, stain pre wash & then wash in the warmest water the material can stand. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
we just had that happen. it was a red ink pen!!!! yuck.

the wd-40 did help. i then used some bleach. then soap and water. then threw in some old towels that i washed. most is out but it is still there a bit.....but it didint ruin any of the clothes or anything else.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
'Googone' takes it off wood really easy........should probably work in the dryer too. But rinse it well after............it is oily and flammable.

Sorry this happened to you.........ugh......crayons and ink are no fun!!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm with ya almost in the same boat. I washed darks yesterday & my son left a pen in his jeans ugggg! it got all over the clothes expecially my dh's work pants & shirt so I put hairspray on it it worked some but had to go to the store and get some stain remover. That worked better saved his pants but not the shirt. It also removed most of the ink from the dryer. Kids!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.