Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ours has risen in price by .21 in 2 days.Yesterday they raised it from 2.98 to 3.09 a gal...today its 3.19. I know that its higher in other parts of the country & Dutchie, I read your post about what you're paying now -wow. I have never seen the prices jump so much in such a short time.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
It's $3.70 in Mertztown, Pa. Today

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ours has risen in price by .21 in 2 days.Yesterday they raised it from 2.98 to 3.09 a gal...today its 3.19. I know that its higher in other parts of the country & Dutchie, I read your post about what you're paying now -wow. I have never seen the prices jump so much in such a short time.
Yeah, I'm just a little North of you in San Antonio. It's been crazy watching the prices. I'm sure it's not close to being done either.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
We have to get gas this weekend. I am not looking forward to it at all. We fill up both cars and we have five gas cans that we fill up. It was like $3.29 the last time I drove past the gas station and we get $0.10 off a gallon. That was on Tuesday. I am afraid to see what it is now.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i was able to get gas for 2.99 wednesday i am sure it will be up the weekend. I am in NJ so close to NY ports so less cost to get it to us. Its also illegal to pump your own gas so i get it pumped for me which i LOVE !!

( s0 much for self serve saving $ because 10 miles over the bridges they pay more for self serve )

DH drives a h0nda civic a small car for a 6ft tall guy but he has a 70 mile round trip each day and we wanted something with good milage to keep gas costs low.

sure its small when he has to carpool the kids somewhere and they are a little cramped but this whole vehicles have to be super comfy is just crazy its a means of transportation 100+ years ago people rode horses -

i drive a honda CRV at its most basic level sold mainly because i need the AWD for work it has none of the fancy extras no 6 cd changer- hiney warmer - radios doesnt show what song is on and by whom its been released etc etc etc ( i am a home care nurse and we go out in just about anything )
it gets better milage then my minivan did .

when we go to a family party or do something we all go to maybe once a month or so we need two cars to take us all ( 7 of us ) . Still cheaper to take 2 cars once a month than drive something big and heavy everyday ,

and my work wonders why i always want to stay within 5 miles of my home when i work . trying to use less gas and not wear down my CRV too fast i plan to keep it for many years after its paid off !!

·
Registered
265 Posts
1.29/litre * 3.78 L/Gal so $4.88 here. It's been higher, I've paid up to $2/litre before. I'm lucky where we are in that it's a small town surrounded by forest, the next closest town is 300 km away, so I don't need to do a lot of driving, all of the day-to-day stuff is WELL within walking distance. When leaving town for supplies, though, it's not like you can't buy gas. Sucks, but we need it no matter what price it is.

Most times we don't even look at the cost. I'm not even sure if it's still 1.29, it's been over a month since I've bought any.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
It's 1.28 a litre today in my lil corner of Ontario ($3.88 per gal.) Yesterday it was $1.08 in the morning - thank goodness I filled up then. I'm moving closer to work so as soon as it thaws I will be WALKING!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Oh - and I found out today that only 2% of North America's oil comes from Libya. We are getting royally screwed by the oil companies.That makes me furious and even more adamant about using as little gas as possible.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.