Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a quilter, but saw a picture of a crazy quilt that was just beautiful. Do any of you quilters do crazy quilts?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I haven't yet, but again its on my to do list.

The prettiest crazy quilt I've seen, was at a quilt show. The lady had taken her wedding dress (it was very old) and then did a quilt plus a wall hanging to match with the dress and fancy embroidery. It was absolutely stunning.

Along with using her wedding dress, she had added a number of embroidered hankies.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I've done a few. Mostly crib quilts or doll quilts. If you do all the fancy stitches on them, they take quite a bit of time.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Denise, not if you have fancy stitches on your sewing machine. There are so many wonderful sewing machines out there now with all those fancy stitches and then some, that it takes no time at all and looks as good as the hand embroidery!!!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Ah. . . . . but then I'd have to invest in a fancy new machine- and the old Kenmore that my dad bought me as a HS graduation present still works just fine. (BTW that was 24 years ago and it's seen some hard sewing in those 24 years)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Crazy quilting makes stunning quilts. I have never tried it, but I would like to someday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts