Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Inactive
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cream Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

Recipe Description
This is so easy. Nobody believes me when I tell them the recipe. Try them. They're to die for.

You can use sweet, hot, regular, or italian sausage in this. You can also add spices if you like. Using plain sausage and adding rosemary or sage is pretty good. But, honestly, these don't NEED those. Most of the time, I just use plain sausage and it works out to be very tasty.​
Preparation Steps:
Remove the stems from your mushrooms (use them in another recipe) and clean the mushrooms. Never cleaned mushrooms before? DON'T USE WATER. Rub the mushroom caps onto a clean towel. Seriously, I'll say it again: DO NOT CLEAN MUSHROOMS WITH WATER. EVER. It makes the mushrooms... suck.

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.​
Level of Difficulty:
easy-peasy​
Time Needed:
half an hour or so​
Ingredients:
one pound ground sausage
one "brick" cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
2 pounds button or cremini mushrooms​
Serves:
depends on how hungry they are​
Directions:
1. Cook your sausage and drain any grease. You want little pieces.
2. While the sausage is still warm, combine the sausage and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed.
3. Fill mushroom caps with sausage and cream cheese mixture.
4. Bake (on 350degrees F) for 15 minutes, or until warmed throughout and mushrooms slightly soft.​

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sounds good, I make the sausage with Velveeta, garlic salt and put on rye bread and cook in oven for about the same amount of time. My kids love them, and are always asking me to make them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts