Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting chicken salad the past few days, I have also been thinking about making a Waldorf salad... and then thought, Why not mix it all together?

I haven't made it YET, but I will some point this week after I go shopping.

What creative chicken salad recipes have you tried??

~ I made a chicken pate-ish with feta cheese and greek dressing once -- it was delicious

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I made some today. Not really creative just chicken, celery and mayo combined and then added sliced cucumbers on top then bread.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Diced chicken chunks w/boiled-roasted butternut squash chunks in a black bean sauce over rice...YUM!

Ever tried 1/2'ved grapes or pineapple tidbits in your chicken salad with onions? ;) And no I'm not preggers lol

·
27,948 Posts
Chicken, lettuce, dried cranberries & almonds, mayo, basil & salt & pepper. Oh my! Place that on your favorite bread, mine is Tomato Basil from Panera Bread and enjoy!

Reactions: Lady_V

·
Registered
625 Posts
Here's mine...
2 cans of chicken from Aldis' drained
2 drained cans (sm) mandarin oranges
1 lg spoon reg mayonnaise
throw in some slivered almonds
shake in some poppyseeds
and about a tbsp of sugar

Eat with crackers...YUMMY!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Mine is less what I put in the salad and more on how I cook the chicken. I always make a foil pouch and cook it in the toaster oven with lemon, salt, pepper and rosemary.

I then use relish, mayo, and maybe celery.

Good luck on your Waldorf-chicken salad, dosen't sound too pleasing to me, but you never know until you try it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
This is so strange, just made chicken salad yesterday! Drained can of chicken breast, grated carrots, diced onion, pepper, garlic powder, shredded cheese, & a little mayo. Delish!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I go to the fridge, cabinet, whatever, and mix in whatever looks good. I recently made a mediterranean-style one - chicken, some feta cheese, some cut up sun dried tomatoes, some capers - I would have used olives but did not have any at home. A little vinaigrette to moisten - it was really good with a crusty roll.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I made some this morning

chicken
mayo
mustard
garlic
onion
curry (lots)

I serve it over spring greens.

A lot of times I omit the curry and dill pickles or walnuts and raisins.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
We have this one often;

1 can cooked white chicken (drained)
(to taste) Olive oil Mayo (usually 2 large tablespoons or more)
1 apple chunked
2 sticks celery (chopped)
1/4 c. walnuts
spiced w/Mrs. Dash
served on some great, chewy, whole grain bread or by itself.

Yum.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I noticed that several of you like almonds or walnuts in your chicken salad. Just wanted to mention that pistachios are also extremely good in it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts