Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel free to move this thread if you think it would be better posted elsewhere. I couldn't decide where to post it but decided on this forum since the recipes are "creative" in that there are substitutions made to recipes to allow for mailing to the Middle East.

Mailing baked goods to our troups in the Middle East--some guidelines:

http://www.verybestbaking.com/promotions/programs/troops.aspx

Scroll down the page for desert friendly Toll House recipes.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
This is really neat. I think it's wonderful that they have this info.
Thanks. I know many people wonder what types of food will hold up under shipping etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
just read that, and everything i send to my deployed hubby has butter or margerine in it, we've never had peoblems with brown sugar or peanut butter or nuts, nor has any one else i know..... the packing tips are great tho.... i usually wrap my cookies in foil, then put them in gladware containers so dh doesnt have to worry about getting my good stuff back..... for brownies, i bake them in foil baking pans, cool, and triple wrap in foil...... ive used bubble wrap for the brownies before to makesure they get there in one piece.....

i would worry more about things going bad in the middle of the summer, but ive never had a problem, and this is our 2nd deployment

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts