When it comes to Father's Day, you want to find the perfect gift that will show your dad how much he means to you. What many people don't realize, however, is that the best thing you can give your dad on any day of the year is the gift of time. This Father's Day, spend some time honoring your dad instead of spending money on a gift. Here are some ideas:
- Make a donation to his favorite charity. Is your dad passionate about a specific cause? If so, making a donation to his favorite charity will honor him and show him that you care as well.
- Volunteer somewhere together. Actions speak louder than words and volunteering alongside your dad is a great way to honor him while also giving back to your community. Pick out a place together to volunteer and make a day of it.
- Write him a personal letter. Taking the time to write a letter to your dad will show him just how much he means to you. You don't have to get sappy or emotional, just tell your dad about something you learned from him or recount one of your favorite moments together.
- Spend some time swapping stories. Your dad loves nothing more than to tell stories, so the perfect way to honor him for Father's Day is to give him the chance! Take him out to dinner or to grab a beer and just ask him questions, letting him tell as many stories as he likes.
- Participate in his favorite hobby. Does your dad have a favorite hobby or activity? If so, spending some time doing it together is a great way to honor him for Father's Day while also getting in some quality time together.
- Take a trip out of town. You don't necessarily need to stay in a 5-star hotel, but taking a quick trip to one of your dad's favorite spots is a great Father's Day gift.
- Cook him his favorite meal. The best way to your dad's heart is through his stomach, so take the time to cook him his favorite meal, complete with dessert of course!
- Put together a book of his best advice. Nothing will show your dad how much he means to you by showing him that you're listening. Put together a book of the best advice he's ever given you so he can see just how much of a difference he's made on your life.
- Give him some well-deserved alone time. We all need a little time to ourselves, so give your dad the gift of alone time by taking the kids off his hands or by doing that chore that is keeping him from relaxing.