Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to apply for a credit card (Orchard Bank) to build up my credit because my score is super low. They want my annual income but the problem is I don't work! I put in my DH's income in the "Other Household Income" part and I can't put 0 under my income.

Any ideas?

Maybe a different company (besides Capital One, we hate crapital one) that doesn't require me to have a job?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
hmmmm.....not sure about that. Your DH is military? You might want to try out USAA's credit card. You can get a dual acct which will help out both of your credit scores and they'll be less discriminating about your status as a stay-at-home mom. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I just wanted to add that I had to piggyback on DH for a while before my score was good enough to get a cc on my own.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wanted to add that I had to piggyback on DH for a while before my score was good enough to get a cc on my own.
Yeah I might have to do that. I THOUGHT I was already but it turned out with crapital one I was just an authorized user and it wasn't effecting my credit at all. Grr. Dh has good credit because of that darn card that I thought was helping me too. I guess my fault for not asking when we set it up.

I tried the USAA and it said I'm not eligible. So darn. I think I'll just have to talk to DH about getting us a dual card and work that way. Make sense that they don't want people without jobs racking up debt though. Can't be mad about that. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
That sucks with USAA. They've been wonderful to me and my husband. I've gotten all of my insurances through them (personal property, renters, auto, life) and we have a credit card with them. It's the only one the my husband wants to get-- but I convonced him to let me get the Chase amazon card...specifically to re-build my credit AND for the 3/1 rewards.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Just use your DH's income as your income and put 0 in the additional income field, your just gonna piggy back him, that's what I have done.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I piggybacked on his USAA CC. We called up and told them we wanted me to be added-and wanted my credit linked to it. Thank goodness they have good customer service-it was pretty painless.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah we talked about it and we are going to do USAA with him as the main person and have my credit linked to it. If we can get a good interest rate (which anything less then what we have now is good) we will use it to pay off our crapital one account and either close to account or just cut up the cards and forget about it.

I hate credit cards. I really do. Haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts