Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not here in Montgomery. I know most people think people in the south are pretty laid back, backwards and stupid. BUT HAH, We FOOLED YOU. This weekend i am proud to declare our city has declared a NO CRIME WEEKEND. YEP. There is a resolutions and there will be danceing in the streets, block parties and prayer, and thank god NO crime. Soon, I am sure it will only be a matter of time before we declare a crime free month, and yes. A Crime free YEAR. I dont think we will have a crime free Year more than twice in a roll, or we would have to lay off a lot of cops and security guards and noone wants that. Plus side effects. no more locks needed, no gates, no doors. it could be devastating to the ecomony. Yeah i know you are saying to yourself. why didnt we think of that. hehehe. I dont know why didnt you?

·
27,948 Posts
Not stupid. Stupid are people who do those crimes you are hoping they don't. Sure it would be nice to make a proclamation but Hello?! My guess is they are just trying to bring people together & get them talking.

Good luck with that Denny. If wishes were horses beggars would ride.

When I had my kids years ago, we raised them with our own set of golden rules. That is one of my contributions to society, a couple more voices and keepers of the peace. Count me & mine as not adding to the crime problem where you live & where we do.;)

Your turn to start singing Kum bay ya & pass the peace pipe.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
LOL, wish they'd abide by a declaration. Would be nice.

Seems more and more lately we're woken up by shattering glass or a police siren anymore.

sigh

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I know most people think people in the south are pretty laid back, backwards and stupid.
Why, I'm astonished! What kind of person would think that way?
I am surprised, shocked and saddened to learn there is such a thing as geographical sterotyping. Who knew???

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't know whether to laugh or well that's just it, I don't know what to do besides laugh. It is a beautiful idea. We should be able to decree crimes away. It would be great if criminals would just stop. While, they are at it they can declare a no disease day.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Well, I am in the same city as Denny and the crime free weekend did not even last until the 6:00 news. There was a routine traffic stop that resulted in a substantial drug bust. Then around 9:45 a guy was trying to make a night deposit at the bank when he was shot in the back once and robbed.

Our police chief was rather realistic about the prospects of the outcome. In an interview he did Friday morning he said that he knew it would be almost impossible to have a weekend without some crime. His exact words were - there had not been a crime free weekend here since "Eve took a bite of that apple".

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
We have one once a year called "take back our streets" that is pretty much the same thing.

As long as there is poverty and greed, there will be crime.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Did it work? I think this is a great idea if the community REALLY buys into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts