Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been teaching myself to crochet. I have very very little ablity to grasp things moving in three deminsions so it has been very slow going.
The good news is that I injured my knee :) so I have lots of sit-down time to work on this but very little money Combining these two things I am planning on my extended family getting scarves for Christmas. I have bought some inexpensive yarn from the thrift store to supplement my freecycle supply.
I have a few skeins of multi-colored yarn. These I am planning to use a basic stitch on. Nothing fancy needed. However I have several skeins of just navy, burgundy etc.
Are there some stitches out there that you can suggest to add some interesting texture to the colors? I need them to be very pretty basic...and preferably on You-Tube. When I was teaching myself the basics I didn't have access to the internet all the time but since I am home all the time now, Ihave the time to play a video, over and over until I get it.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crochet Geek is perfect. I think I can do (after watching the whole video) about five patterns. Basketweave is perfect.l And the little cats... This will keep me busy for a while...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, simple and quick are important. I was making a scarf using half double crochet and I finally undid it a third of the way through because I realized that I could start and finish another scarf and a half by the time it took to finish that one. I also find the half double stitch is hard on my poor out of shape hands because it is so tight.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Suggestion: if you have a tendancy to crochet tight, try using the next hook size up. If the pattern calls for an "H" sized hook, use an "I" sized hook.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts