Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's another crockpot recipe I've had laying around. Haven't made this myself for a while so I think I'll do it later this week.

Crock Pot Swiss Cheese Potatoes

2 lbs. baking potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced

1/2 C. finely chopped yellow onion

1/4 t. salt

1/4 t. ground nutmeg

3 T. butter, cut into 1/8-in. pieces

1/2 C. milk

2 T. all-purpose flour

8 oz. Swiss cheese slices, torn into small pieces

1/4 C. finely chopped green onion

Layer half the potatoes, 1/4 C. onion, 1/8 t. salt, 1/8 t. nutmeg, 1 T. butter in slow cooker. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on LOW

7 hours or on HIGH 4 hours. Remove potatoes with slotted spoon to serving dish.

Blend milk and flour in small bowl until smooth. Stir mixture into slow cooker. Add cheese; stir to combine. If slow cooker is on LOW, turn to HIGH, cover and cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir.

Pour cheese mixture over potatoes and serve. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.

Makes 5 to 6 servings.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
These sound delicious and I love swiss cheese! :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
I definitly will make this one.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow! These sound wonderful! How did you get to view a post from so long ago? My computer is only letting me see post no older than 30 days or maybe is was 90? But still 2 years?? Spill the beans!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Never made them but I'm gonna make them for dinner! Yum! Need potato recipes.. Got 30 lbs to use up. I'll let you know how they turn out.

·
19,119 Posts
These would be so good with pork chops!! Will try them this weekend - mahalo for a great recipe!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow! These sound wonderful! How did you get to view a post from so long ago? My computer is only letting me see post no older than 30 days or maybe is was 90? But still 2 years?? Spill the beans!
At the bottom of the Main CP page, there is an option that says show posts from __________ days. There is a drop down box. I clicked from the beginning.

·
Registered
207 Posts
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Swiss cheese. I'm going to try this also.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Okay verdict is in. Not very flavorful. The nutmeg seems to blend and kill all the flavor of the potatoes. Cheese sauce really wasn't as great as I expected. Overall I was disappointed. Dh didn't like them either. Which sucks! They sounded awesome!

Reactions: Lindsey
1 - 11 of 11 Posts