Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crockpot Hamburger/Turkey Dish

Recipe Description
This is a quick dish you can use with just hamburger, just turkey, or mix the 2. Its wonderful on a cool day. Love it served with cornbread.​
Preparation Steps:
Peel potatoes and quarter.
Clean and dice onion.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
6 hours​
Ingredients:
1 pound of ground beef or 1 pound of ground turkey or 1/2 and 1/2 mix of the 2
4-5 medium potatoes
1 medium onion
1 14 ounce can beef broth
1 10.5 ounce can mushroom soup
1 1.6 ounce package beef seasoning mix​
Serves:
4 to 6​
Directions:
Place all ingredients into crockpot and cook on high for 6 hours. If your crockpot runs hot set it to medium.​

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Thank you this sounds delicious, will have to try.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Heartofmine- I'd like to try this, but I'm unsure of the last ingredient. ~1 1.6 ounce package beef seasoning mix. What is that?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I had a question about the soup. Is it cream of mushroom or golden mushroom soup? Lots of good questions here. It sounds like we all want to try this recipe.

A2M

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I've made a similar recipe that used an envelope of dry onion soup mix, and I'm sure it would work for this recipe, too. Be forewarned the cream of mushroom soup, store-bought broth, and onion soup mix will make this VERY salty.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The beef packet is the seasoning packets that you can make brown gravy from. I am so use to just using them for seasoning instead of gravies I wasn't specific enough. Having a duh moment. LOL

The cream of mushroom is just regular generic store brand cream of mushroom soup. You can use regular or the 98% fat free.

Also on the broth...if you make your own that would work just fine too. Less salt that way. If you buy store bought you can use the low sodium cream of mushroom and low sodium broth.

It was really good and my family enjoyed it.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
It does sound good. Thanks for posting! Didn't think about gravy mix but that sounds good, too.

I do make my own broth. The lower-sodium canned version is still way too salty for me. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts