Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I really use my crockpot a lot in the colder months. I seem to make a lot of the same recipes in it. Does anyone have any good crockpot recipes? I tend to use mine for stew, pot roasts, chicken and biscuits, and chili.

Sara

·
Registered
916 Posts
Creamy Italian Chicken

4 boneless chicken breast halves
1 envelope Italian dressing mix
1/2 cup water
1 pkg cream cheese softened
1 can cream soup undiluted
1 4oz can mushrooms, drained

Place chicken in the bottom of hte crockpot. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3 hours. In small bowl beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushrooms. Pour mixture over chicken. Cook 1 more hour. Serve over rice.

I have never tried this next one, but it looks interesting.....

Upside Down Chocolate Pudding Cake

1 cup bisquick
1 cup sugar
1/3 and 3tbls baking cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cup hot water

Mix bisquick, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tbls cocoa, milk and vanilla together. Spoon this batter evenly into lightly greased crockpot. Mix remaining sugar, cocoa and hot tap water. Pour into crockpot. Cook on high 2 1/2 hours or until batter is no longer shiny on top. Serve from crockpot.

Here is a recipe that makes Bisquick so you don't have to buy it for the above recipe.

Bisquick

10 cups flour
1/3 cup baking powder
1 tbls salt
2 cups shortening

Sift dry ingredients together in large bowl. Add the shortening in spoonfuls and cut in until the mixture is the consistancy of cornmeal. Refridgerate mix.

Note: I use my food processer to cut shortening into flour mixture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts