Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I am back to teaching, along with being a mommy of 2 and a chauffeur for my oldest to and from theatre practice, I have been trying to cook more in the crockpot to make things easier. Do any of you have absolute favorites you couldn't do without to cook in the crockpot?

I'm going to try this one tomorrow...

·
Super Moderator
19,845 Posts
Their recipe list does not match up with the recipe they demo'ed. Looks good though. I'll probably give it a try sometime. Thanks for sharing!

·
Super Moderator
19,845 Posts
I'll probably use my own recipe, the one I converted from microwave use to Dutch oven camp cooking to regular oven. I sometimes make it with mini-lasagna noodles for pot lucks, so it's easier to serve. That would work well for a Crock-Pot, especially if you have a round one the larger noodles wouldn't fit in so well.

Thanks for the linky! That's similar to my recipe.

·
Super Moderator
19,845 Posts
How can they call that an omelet? To me an omelet is like an egg pancake folded around various goodies in a pan.

It looks like the Mountain Man breakfast recipes so popular for Dutch oven cooking. I bet it would work out just fine in a Crock-Pot, especially the newer ones that cook so much hotter.

·
Super Moderator
19,845 Posts
Not sure, but you could try using fresh potatoes cut french fry style so they don't cook to mush. You may have to adjust cooking time.

You could also try this similar recipe:

Recipes & Cookbooks ? Food, Cooking Recipes from BettyCrocker.Com

You can use frozen hash browns instead of the refrigerated ones and thaw them first. It's a favorite of ours and everyone we've served it to likes it. It uses a lot less eggs and is easy to sub ingredients in it, like ham for the meatballs and green pepper for the peas. I don't know if it would work in a Crock-Pot but it should work just as well as the recipe in your link.

If you want to try that in the regular oven, cook it in cast iron if you have it. I usually use a frying pan. It gets a wonderful, delicate crispy crust wherever it touches the iron. I also make this often at camp in a Dutch oven with charcoal as the heat source.

I'm sure the omelet recipe is delicious, too. Hard to go wrong with those ingredients!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts