Recipe Description
Don't knock it till you try it​
Preparation Steps:
Level of Difficulty:
Time Needed:
Ingredients:
Potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella or your choice)
Add-ons (optional -- see note)​
Serves:
Directions:
Peel and slice enough potatoes to fill 5.5 or 6 quart crockpot. Cover with spaghetti sauce. Cook on high for about 4-6 hours or till potatoes are tender. Cover with cheese and cook till cheese melts.
NOTE: Can also add sliced pepperoni, cubed smoked sausage, or ham, browned and drained Italian sausage or ground beef, diced green peppers or onions during cooking time. You could also add chopped red or green olives at the same time as you would the cheese if desired. You can really make the dish your own.​

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
These sound yummy and I am a potato lover! :)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Wow! How simple, and how good that sounds.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I think I'll try these tomorrow...:lip:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
That does sound really good! Would you serve a simple veggie on the side, though?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I think I'll do this Sunday.
Need something different for a change.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Definately going to try this one. Sounds yummy. There's no limit to what you could add! This may be for Friday dinner!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I made this for my family yesterday and it was absolutely delicious! and easy to make Thank you for the recipe!
Next time I cook it I'm going to put chicken on top of the mixture and cover it with spag. sauce.

Andrea

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Okay, I'll admit I was skeptical. But it turns out that this dish tastes pretty darned good!! :)

I have a bag of russets that I'm trying to use up, so I sliced and diced some into the crock pot and added two jars of homemade ground turkey pasta sauce. It was almost 10p by the time I was ready to add the cheese, so I just took a quick taste, but I was pleasantly surprised! I will definitely be making this again in the future!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'm always looking for something different and affordable to fix. Sounds like a new meal this week and I have some Italian sausage. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
900 Posts
This sounds awesome! It'll be dinner tomorrow if I can get outta bed early enough to start it :)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
It only took me about four hours. Once the potatoes are cooked, the cheese melts really quickly.

Very comfort food - warm and starchy. :) I wouldn't skimp on the quality of spaghetti sauce, because it contributes so much to the taste.

I used a meat sauce, and it definitely lent some texture to the dish. If I had used straight marinara, I don't think I would have liked it. But then, I'm really picky about texture in my food. Possibly, zucchini or mushroom, or some other veggie would do the same thing, and then the dish could be vegetarian (although not vegan, unless you find some non-dairy cheese).

·
Registered
900 Posts
I made a mini batch for myself. 4 potatoes with just over a half jar of Aldis plain spaghetti sauce in my little 2 quart crock. It ran 8 hours on low during the workday. I bet you could play around adding a variety root veggies and it would still taste as good. They aren't the prettiest things in the world, but they made an enjoyable dish :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lynnsz...lickr.com/3271/2978954787_ddf414e64c.jpg[/img

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I sliced up five potatoes, dumped two quarts of pasta sauce on top, and let it cook. About a cup of mozzarella.

For single serving, I got about eight portions.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:bump: these were mentioned today, and I thought I'd bump up the recipe for anyone searching for it.

I never did try these before, but I have potatoes I need to use up, so maybe I'll make them tomorrow or Thurs.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts