Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crockpot Potatoes Au Gratin

Recipe Description
This was an experiment, and it ended up turning out great! I personally thought that the potatoes tasted as good or even better than the kind that come out of the box. They even got a little crusty on the sides. No one could stop eating them!​
Preparation Steps:
Peel the potatoes if necessary (I used white potatoes, and left the skin on)
Slice the potatoes into 1/4" thick slices
Chop the onion​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
20 minutes prep, 3-5 hours cooking​
Ingredients:
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 c flour
- 2 1/2 c milk
- 8 oz cheese (I used cheddar)
- 1/2 block cream cheese
- 2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper​
Serves:
serves 6-8​
Directions:
Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Slowly whisk in flour until there are no lumps. Add milk, salt, and pepper and whisk until mixed. In the crock pot, make a layer of potatoes, top with onions, and then pour in a little of the milk mixture. Repeat layers until everything is used up. Cover with cheese and cream cheese. Cook for 3-5 hours, stir once halfway through. Eat and enjoy!​

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'm going to have to try this one, the only thing I don't have is the cream cheese? Thanks for posting this one, I was going to ask you yesterday and forgot.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
pototoes are my favorite food so I will definatly have to try this sometime.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to have to try this one, the only thing I don't have is the cream cheese? Thanks for posting this one, I was going to ask you yesterday and forgot.
I'm sure the cream cheese could be optional. I just added it in because I had it and wanted to use it before it went bad. I'm sure it would be just fine without it!

·
Registered
513 Posts
This sounds really good. I will have to give it a try. Thanks.

Heidi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts