Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of those great "comfort food" desserts; perhaps best for cool weather but I've made this MANY times and it has become a family favorite at almost any time of year.

Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Pudding

1 can (15-oz) solid pack pumpkin
OR 15-16 oz FRESH processed pumpkin
1 can (12-oz) evaporated milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
2 eggs beaten
2 Tbsp butter or margarine melted
2-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla
Whipped topping (optional)

In a large bowl mix together the first eight ingredients.

Transfer to a crock-pot coated with a non stick cooking spray.

Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.

Serve in bowls with gingersnaps and a whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Thank you for sharing the recipe with us. I love pumpkin pie, so I am sure that this will become a new recipe for my family too.

auntie

·
Registered
467 Posts
This sounds great. I think I'll make it this weekend. But it screams vanilla ice cream for the topping!! Thank you.:scale:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I harvest my pumpkins each autumn after Halloween and end up with a freezer full of pumpkin - so I've been collecting ideas for various pumpkin recipes. This is one of the best I've made - so I hope you enjoy it, too.

P.S. Let me know if you want the recipe for the Praline Pumpkin cupcakes. LOL.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
thats sounds delicious i am going to make it in my little crock pot
PLEASE give me the pumpkin praline recipe!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ooops!! Sorry for the delay! I got busy and completely forgot this thread!! Here's the recipe:

Pumpkin-Praline Muffins

(from Better Homes and Gardens New Baking Book)

1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons dairy sour cream
2/3 cup chopped pecans
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
3/4 cup canned (or fresh processed) pumpkin
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted

1. Grease 12-14 2 1/2 inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside. In a small mixing bowl stir together the 1/3 cup brown sugar and sour cream; stir in pecans. Set aside.

2. In medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Make well in center of dry mixture.

3. In another medium mixing bowl combine egg, buttermilk, pumpkin, the 2/3 cup brown sugar, and melted butter. Add pumpkin mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistenend (batter should be lumpy).

4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling each almost full. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the pecan mixture on top of each muffin. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until done. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.

If you make this let me know how it comes out. I've made the muffins a couple times and they've been a hit - next time though, I'm going to increase the topping mixture - the topping is great!:lip:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts