Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dd will be going off to her new apartment soon and will often rely on a crock to have dinner waiting when she gets home from class. I have a large 6.5 qt. one & that's too big. She's looking for one that feeds 4, doesn't heat up the counter too much, has a removable crock and heats evenly and cooks true.

What do you recommend? Thanks for any help you can give.:)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I have the large oval one and the basic round crock pot. I use my oval for larger things, like making lasagna and chicken and dumplings. The small one works better for smaller meals, soups etc. My Round one is old (like 20 years old) but it is a Rival and works great. The oval one is a toastmaster, and while it works well, the knob already broke off of it and it is only 3 or 4 years old. Get a Rival. I think I saw them a Walmart. A removeable crock is good to - easier to wash.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I have a Hamilton Beach and really like it.

There are so many neat crockpots now though that its hard to even decide what to purchase when your looking at them. I picked mine because I liked the veggie picture they had on the outside of it. :toothy: (Also for the size.)

I picked mine because I wanted to be able to remove the crock. I found mine doesn't heat up the counter at all.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I have a GE 3 quart, perfect size for her. Works great, removable crock and under $20 but don't remember where I got it. Has to be either Wally's or KMart would be my guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts