Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greebo fixed my old crock pot yesterday!

It has been around since the early 1990's and it is all one piece. The cord had frayed where it exits the case so instead of just throwing it out, he took it apart and replaced the wire.

We figured what could we loose since I couldn't use it as it was.

I am amazed to see how they put it together though. The ceramic is heated by wire wrapped around it.

We don't feel comfortable giving details since we don't want the liability of someone's house catching fire and I'll probably ONLY use this one when I am home to supervise.

But I want to encourage anyone who gets the opportunity to "investigate" their broken things to do so. :D Sometimes the repairs are quite easy once you get the glimpse inside.

·
27,948 Posts
My hubby always takes broken things apart and 95% of the time can fix whatever is wrong. Neat having handy guys, eh Ceashels? WTG Greebo.:thumb:

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
We should start calling him Mr Fix It. WTG Greebo! :clap:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Glad Greebo could fix it. Oh how I wish my old crockpot (from 1978) just had a frayed cord. It died recently and hubby and I tried to fix it to no avail! So I bought a used 3 qt oval crockpot with the instructions at Value Village for $8.75. It was missing the knob and hubby found one in the garage in his misc. jar of small stuff and poof I have a new crockpot!

I was really sad that I had throw out the old one and get another one. I GUESS I got my money's worth out of it after using it heavily for 30+ years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.