Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes

Recipe Description
Similar to Au Gratin potatoes, minus the cheese. I actually liked it better! A good dish to make when you have lots of potatoes to use up, because chances are you have all of these ingredients on hand right now.​
Preparation Steps:
Peel potatoes if necessary, slice to 1/4" thick.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
20 min prep, 3-5 hrs on high, 5-7 hrs on low​
Ingredients:
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4c flour
- 1 1/2c milk
- salt and pepper​
Serves:
serves 6-8​
Directions:
Melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in flour until blended, and slowly add milk. Grease the bottom and sides of crock pot with your butter wrapper. Put a layer of potatoes in the crock, sprinkle with salt and pepper, pour a small amount of liquid on top. Continue layering until you're out of potatoes and liquid. Cook and enjoy!​

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just put this in the crockpot. It sounds really good. Now I just need to figure out what I will make with it for dinner tonight. Thanks for the recipe.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
They sound really good :lip:

I'm laughing about your comment where you said that we probably have all the ingredients on hand. I sure do--except for the potatoes :laughinghard: I just used up the last ones last night for baked potatoes.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's so funny that you're making this, because I just took the rest of it out of the freezer the other day and recycled it into another meal!

Leftover Scalloped Potatoes, chopped ham, and a bit of cheddar cheese, and I baked until crispy and served with broccoli. SO if you have leftovers, FREEZE THEM!

Reactions: Gabe

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
OK, this sounds really good. I consider myself a good cook, but I cannot make scalloped potatoes at all. I've tried probably 6 different recipes. I'm making this thursday night, I'm having company, so it will be easy to do in the morning. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck! Be sure to check it half way in and stir!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts