Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Crockpot back (was in storage in PA). Yay!
So I thought I'd start a crockpot thread.

Let's hear your favorite Crockpot recipes!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
My favorite recipe is for crockpot roast. I have used both a beef roast, and a pork loin roast for this. Just place the roast in the CP, add 1 packet of onion soup mix, mixed with 1 can of cream of whatever soup (I use cream of chicken), and pour on top. Cook on low all day.

This makes the most wonderful gravy! I will post more crock pot recipes later. I have tons :D

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I don't think I've posted any of these on here before........

Crockpot Flank Steak

1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut in half
1 T. vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced
1/3 cup water
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
2 T. vinegar
1 1/4 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

In a skillet, brown the steak in the oil; transfer to the crockpot. In the same skillet, saute the onion for 1 minute. Gradually add water, stirring to loosen browned bits from the pan. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour over the flank steak. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender. Slice the meat and serve with the onion and pan juices. Serves 4 to 6.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
CROCK POT CHINESE BRAISED CHICKEN

1 cup chopped onions
3 pounds chicken pieces
1 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 T. chopped fresh ginger
2 T. sugar
1 garlic clove, crushed
Salt and pepper to taste

Place the onions in the crock pot. Add the chicken. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for about 6 to 7 hours.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
CROCK POT ORANGE & GINGER CHICKEN

2 to 3 pounds chicken pieces
1 8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tsp. grated orange peel
3 T. soy sauce
2 tsp. grated ginger root
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 T. cornstarch
3 T. cold water

Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Place the chicken in the crock pot and top with water chestnuts. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, orange peel, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low about 4 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove the chicken and water chestnuts and keep warm. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and stir into the cooking juices in the crock pot. Cover and cook on high, stirring occasionally for 10 to 15 mins. until slightly thickend. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
CROCK POT PEANUT BUTTER N GINGER CHICKEN

3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 T. soy suace
1 tsp. grated ginger root
1/2 tsp. orange peel
2 T. orange juice
1/8 tsp. hot sauce
2 green onions, including some green tops, sliced

Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in the crock pot. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low about 5 hours or until chicken is tender.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Slow Cooker Party Mix

4 cups Wheat Chex
4 cups Cheerios
3 cups pretzel sticks
1 can (12 oz.) salted peanuts
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 to 3 T. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. celery salt
1/2 to 3/4 tsp. seasoned salt

In a 5 qt. slow cooker, combine cereals, pretzels and peanuts. Combine butter, Parmesan cheese, celery salt and seasoned salt; drizzle over the cereal mixture and mix well. Cover and cook on low for up to 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Makes about 3 quarts.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Crockpot Cider

2 cinnamon sticks (4 inches each)
1 tsp. whole cloves
1 tsp. whole allspice
2 quarts apple cider
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 orange, sliced

Place the cinnamon, cloves and allspice in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string to form a bag. Place cider and brown sugar in the crockpot and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the spice bag and place the orange slices on top. Cover and cook on low for 2 to 5 hours. Remove the spice bag before serving.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Kahana, that party mix sounds great. I don't ever make any because it seemed such a hassle, but to dump and run makes it worth it.

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
Crockpot chili

1 lb ground turkey
2 cans red beans
1 package chili mix
1 chopped onion
1 can tomatoe puree
1 can chopped tomatoes
Brown the turkey with the onion and 1 tablespoon chili powder. Mix all the above ingredients in the crock and cook on med for 8 hours. ENJOY

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
ooops......i don't know what happened to that link. :mad:
anyway, i started another thread with a link to that same site. sorry the link didn't work here.:(

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got it. Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:bump: for Denise

1 - 15 of 15 Posts