Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was a nice look to use in scrapbooking, card making or whatever paper craft you like.. Textured papers are so expensive..... Try this.......

Paper Crumpling

Thoroughly saturate a piece of cardstock with water. You can wet your paper under a running faucet, but a spray bottle will work fine.
Crumple up the cardstock, being careful not to tear the edges. (although torn edges look nice for a softer look ) Either crumple the paper heavily into a tight ball to achieve the heavy texture in your layouts, or into a loose ball for a slightly textured look.
Gently smooth out the cardstock, flattening it to your desired flatness.
Let paper dry. If you are in a hurry, there are ways to dry the cardstock quickly. you can use an iron, making sure I cover the cardstock with a towel so the finish of the paper does not go shiny. You can also use your hair dryer.
Get creative! Crumpled paper is great for tearing or cutting. Experiment and have fun.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
this look is neat with vellum too!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That's a great idea. I buy lots of handmade paper, which is very expensive and with some time I could probably get the same kind of looks with this.

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts