Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hated it, new day hated that, new lead no chemistry, hated it. Liked Ray kinda got me over on Gil. It just did not interest me

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Wow Oh that's right it came on last night I missed it. I taped Harry's Law going to watch that tonight. I love that show!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I haven't watched since Gil left. I loved his character....and I hate that whiny girl...Sarah.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I didn't hate it with Ted Danson. His character's kinda quirky and I like that. I think we'll all miss Grissom forever. He was the best.

What I do hate is the script writing lately. Last season, the storylines were so bad I didn't want to watch it anymore. But I kept watching, hoping it would get better.

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
19,119 Posts
I don't like whiny characters in any entertainment media or in real life!! Haven't seen the new show.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I never liked Ray's character. I do like Ted Danson in his role, and I think he could revitalize that show.

I'll hate to see Marg Helgenberger go.

I've always liked Sara's character too, but it bugs me she's supposed to be married to Grissom but is always in Vegas. I must have missed the explanation as to why they're not together.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I have liked them all. I mean, I look at it this way....there's always gonna be change, even IRL.

Like .....we never work with ALL the same people for years and years at work.....there is a turnover, and we just get used to the newbies.

And people in out families sometimes divorce and remarry, and we get used to the new spouse.

No big deal.....to me, the characters are who they are. Everybody's different.

I have never hated Sarah. I don't see her as whiny. Sometimes the way she has this....'lilt' at the end of her sentences, like her voice gets higher, makes it seem as though she is aasking a question, when she is really making a statement. But it doesn't bother me. Sarah is Sarah.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I REALLY missed Warrick (drool, drool) and I am going to miss Catherine very much.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Yeah, but there is still eye candy even without Warrick. I miss him too though. I was always hoping they'd get him and Catherine together. Those two characters always had a spark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Even though it's been a month since someone posted her, I just can't pass up a chance to talk about CSI. Let me say that I love Ted Danson.

I never stopped watching the show after Grissom left, but I never really warmed up to Langston. I think the problem with Langston was that he came in as a rookie, but within months, he was acting as a leader and know-it-all even though Catherine was supervisor. It might have worked out if they had Langston come onto the show as rookie and stay a rookie, but kinda late for that now.

Ted Danson is way better on CSI. In my book, he's right up there with Grissom. I like that they put him right in as a supervisor, because I just can't imagine Russell being anything but a leader/boss. It's great that they portray him as a normal family guy. You don't get much of that on these types of shows. It's just plain refreshing to hear Russell talk about his children and not have to listen about them being estranged or drug addicts or anything.

It's also nice that he has a great relationship with his wife. Everybody else seems to have relationship problems, except Doc Robbins, but apparently they've had some trying times, too. Catherine is divorced (or was, depending on how you look at it; not sure how that works when your ex-husband dies). Sara's married, but we never really hear about it, and it seems like she only sees Grissom like once a year. Before Warrick died, he got married then divorced. Then there's Nick. Every time he hooks up with a girl, you just know something bad is going to happen.

Like last week, when Russell's wife called. He answers and says, "I'm at a strip club with Catherine," which he was. Then his wife probably asks what case he's working on or something because then he says something like, "What makes you think I came here for work? I just came for some fun." You have to have a pretty darn secure marriage to say that.

I also love how he's lighthearted and funny (as shown above). It's a nice contrast to the others on the show. Yes, everybody has the occasional one liner or pun, but if anybody else had excused themselves after drinking soda saying "too many bubbles" or laid down at a crime scene (first episode Russell was in), I would've winced at the awkwardness of it. With Russell, it was funny.

One last thing. His name: DB Russell. How can anybody not love a character with the name DB on a crime show?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am not a Ted Danson fan to begin with, so was not thrilled when they put him on there, but grudgingly, will admit, he some how kinda works. Hate to see Marg Helgenberger leave though, have loved her as an actress since "China Beach". Hope where ever she is going next is successful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts