Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I had a fun time chatting tonight. Here is the Cuban Bread recipe I pomised
I'd post.
5-6 c. flour, 2 T. dry yeast, 2T. sugar, 1T. salt, 2c. hot water, (120-130 degrees) sesame or poppy seeds
Mix 4 c. flour with yeast salt and sugar. Pour in hot waterand beat 100 strokes. Stir in remaining flouruntill bread is no longer sticky. Kneed 8 min.place dough in greesed bowl cover with damp towel. Let rise 15 min. punch down divide into 2 round loaves and place on baking sheet. cut ax in top brush with water and sprinkle on seeds. Place on middleshelf in cold oven, place a cake pan of hot water on lowest shelf heat oven to 400, bake 40-50 min until golden brown.

I also said that this is my favorite bread to make croutons with I mke mine when the bread is going stale. 3-4 days this has no preservatives in it so it doesn't have a lot of lasting power but don't worry it rarely stays on the counter that long. To make coutons I cube the bread and melt butter, yes, I said butter. Add following ing. to taste; garlic, pepper thyme,oregano, sweet basil. onion powder.
You have a powerful stink when you eat these so i recomend you feed them to everyone in the house so you all cancel each other out. lol Happy baking! Marcia

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Thank you Marcia, you are indeed a woman of your word. I have printed it for this weekend!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Thanks Marcia!

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
:bump:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts