Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone wanted to share cute nicknames for pets or kids... my mom was teasing me the other day because we call our DS "CBE" (which stands for "cutest baby ever").

Anyone else want to share or embarass their kids?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Here in Texas we have a chain of fast food restaurants called Whataburger. They sell a small hamburger called a Justaburger. When my DS was young, my husband called him "Justaburger" (a play on his name) and it soon became "Burger". Our DD was always "Buggy" which was also derived from a play on her name. Boy, would they be mad if they knew I had "leaked" that information! :bag:

--Michelle

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
dd has been called bebe, baby girl, quarter pint (like half pint from little house, but she was really little so it was 1/4) wiggle butt, boogie butt
and my dad calls her maggie sometimes because of her middle name.
ds hasn't had as many nicknames. my dad used to call him squirt, which was also my nickname as a kid. but now ds is almost as tall as my dad so it doesn't fit. when he was a baby some relatives called him moose because of his big feet and hands.

·
Registered
579 Posts
When DD was a baby and I had to wake her in the morning to go to my college classes, I started calling her Princess Pudding Pie....several nicknames sort of evolved into that one.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I call Wesley: baby (really original I know) stinky pete, little man, my handsome, Good-Lookin', Bubba, Buddy, Bubby, and my personal favorite. Mr McDougalie Bear. Which is a play on a nickname of Mike Wizoski of Monsters Inc. and our last name McDowell. A lot of the guys in Zac's unit call him McDoogal. So Wesley is McDougalie Bear.

Oh and Zac calls Wesley Little Nipples McDowell. He even has a theme song made up about it.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
The first thing dh called dd when she was born was Stinky. She answers to Stinky to this day.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
My ddad shared with my one of his sister's nicknames, given to her by her dad when she was a child. Noone knows where the name came from. She loathes the name but we all find it hilarious. Stinky Davis. I mean, where did THAT come from?! Noone knew a Davis of any kind that they can remember, grandpa never shared it's origin with anyone as far as I know. :confused::laugh:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
When dd was born we called her boo boo and Katie bug......she is now 20 and isn't so thrilled with those names anymore!:D Ds had/has a few nicknames but my favorite was toadie!!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
DD has always been "Boo", "Squirrel", or "A". My mom has always called her Ali-Angel.

When DS was 3 he marched into the room with DH and I and said "I not (insert his full name here). I am Mac Daddy". For the next few months he WOULD NOT answer to his name, only to Mac Daddy. Do you know how embarrassing it is when your precious little bue eyed baby will only answer to Mac Daddy/ I had way too many people give me strange looks over that one.

Now his nickname among all of his friends is Big John or Big Dog. I call him Boogie, Boog-Man, and Dog.

·
Registered
216 Posts
When my dd was little her dad started calling her bean. I have no idea where that came from. She hated it. My ds nicknames were Mickey or Bo. Again I have no idea why we called him that. My nickname growing up was Princess Poopy Doo. I don't really want to know where that came from. :yikes:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
My father used to call my brother Adam, "Abner Teapot" -- I have no idea where that came from. And I was "Nada Patata". My friends used to call me Naderbug. :smooch: calls me "Missus". :p My ex used to call our cat, Tempest, "Bucky" so I started saying his middle name was "Bucktholemew". Our female cat's original name was Jersey, because she's black and white like a Jersey cow. But once we got to know her, she became "Mischief" -- and lives up to the name quite easily. I call her "princess" and we call her "Pretty Girl" or "Bad Girl" (depending on what she's occupied with at the time). :smooch: calls Tempest "Handsome Boy" and "Bad Boy".

·
Registered
392 Posts
My kids nicknames are just shorten versions of their name.
Cyrena = Rena
Cataleena = Leelee or Izzy(middle name Isabel) or she calls herself Mimi, which has stuck with everyone else.
Carlisia = Carly or Lulu(middle name Luisa)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok, my son we just call him JM a mix of his name. DD is bisquit breath cause she LOVES them and would eat them 3 times a day if she could. DGS 1- is Montner (not monster), DGS 2- Gogo play off his name and DGS couldn't say Logan so he called him gogo and it stuck. DGD is buggy butt or buggy woggy that my DD started when she was born.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I once had a cockatiel named China, but I would call her all sorts of nicknames, including the word "bird" in other languages, like "tori" (Japanese) and "pajaro" (Spanish). My mother heard me call her "pajaro" which sounds like "pa-ha-row", and she thought it sounded like an English phrase. Suddenly the bird had a new nickname: Pot Roast. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
My DD is Claire Bear.

My dad always called me either Stinkweed or Ichabod Crane. I have no idea why, but the memories are great!

Our dog Max is also called Maxter Baxter.

Our cat Sophia is Mama, Henry is HenHen, Toot is Tooter Wooter or the Tootmeister, Wolfie is Volfie (spoken with a Transylvania accent).

The other critters don't have nicknames.

·
Registered
46 Posts
when my son was little the babysitter called him Joel bug because he had big eyes and cheeks, when my daughter came along she was named Lady bug therefore I became Bugsmom, they are both teenagers now and I still call them by their nicknames funny how nicknames stick with you, my dog's name is Carmel but we call him Babydog, my others dog's name is Bootzy and we call him Bobo, the cat's name is Patches and we call her meow meow kitty kitty, DH doesn't have a nickname will have to come up with one for him

·
Registered
53 Posts
This thread really made me smile, and feel a lil more "normal" lol since we almost never use real names here. Everyone has a nickname and some have a few.
My oldest was a big baby and noone could believe i had a baby that big and my doctor named him Beefsteak and lol he was beefsteak for quite a while. I however call him either Sqwueejers or sqwueeej or Ceej <his name is Carl or CJ for short>. Now hubb calls him Euge <short for his middle name Eugene which he HATES and would murdalize me for telling anyone>
Youngest was Buddah when he was a baby cause of his roly poly belly and cause he'd lie with hands on belly and feet crossed just like a lil mini buddah when he was a baby. Then he was Pumpkin for quite a few yrs and he refused to answer to anything else! Now he is Umberto or Roberto depending on my mood.<his real name is Robert>
My neice who is wayyyyy more my daughter than neice is my Princess Peanut or Beastinator depending on HER mood. and her brother who also practically lives here is Nived <his name devin backwards>. I'm going to spare you me and hubbs nicknames lol cause they are more pg17 than g-rated but obviously we are very into nicknames here lol. We really rarely use our actual names.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My funniest cat nickname is for my cat (DH had two and I had one when we got married, so we still go with "my cat" and "your cats" occasionally). Her name is Cassiopeia. What do we call her for short? Cassie? Nope - the Kittyopeia.

My mom calls my son Obie - she has an uncle (my great uncle) with the same name, and during WWII he was a map-maker and signed everything with his initials - and the people who got them didn't realize it was his initials and thought that was his name - OB. So now everyone in the family calls him Obie.
My son has the same name as this uncle (Owen) so...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts