Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from my local CVS and am very excited about my deal I found. They have Tampax brand tampons on 75% off clearance for $1.75 for a 40 count box. These boxes were normally $6.99 each. Now I didn't have my coupons with me (gasp...I know I normally ALWAYS have them with me), but I still bought like 5 boxes because it was super cheap. So just letting you ladies know that it would be an amazing deal with coupons!!! So check your local CVS stores!

Reactions: mommynurse

·
19,119 Posts
Congratulations and mahalo for the great deal info!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That was a great deal. When i worked for walgreens. My manager would always let us know 30 days ahead of time what items they would no longer carry. Made it nice because gave me time to get coupons together. I remember buying newborn huggies regular $8.99 marked down to 4.99 and having a coupon for 2 bucks off plus employe discount.

·
Registered
207 Posts
When I visit my CVS, that is the first place I look at. There is usually a basket marked 75% off. I found a sports bag 14.99 marked down to 4.99, I had a store coupon $4. I got the bag for .49, plus it had my son's school logo on it. One more Christmas present down. They had a big container of makeup, I could kick myself for not getting. My little girl loves to play dress up and this would have been a great gift for Christmas. I left and came back a few days later and it was already gone. You can really find some great things in CVS if you watch your coupons and match with store sales.

·
Registered
645 Posts
CVS has great end of season sales - I got a bunch of soy candles for 75 percent off. They smell great and are better for people and the environment.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I will check CVS on the way back from dropping Diva off at school, but there usually isn't much for clearances there.

That store is in a more affluent area - has anyone else noticed not being as much of a sales selection in a higher income area?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i actually get better deals at the clearance areas in upper class areas CVS's targets because many in those areas are of the mindset if its on clearance it must have something wrong with it or dont want to eb caught by their snoort friends buying clearance items .

they hide them better - just a small shelf on an end cap back by the diapers where they have socks etc that doesnt sell real much .

my CVS has them closer to the front of the store in area where the seasonal stuff goes.

Reactions: Lady_V

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I love the deals at CVS. Especially with coupons. When the percentage off is 75% I feel like I have hit the mother lode.
YEAH!!!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I will check CVS on the way back from dropping Diva off at school, but there usually isn't much for clearances there.

That store is in a more affluent area - has anyone else noticed not being as much of a sales selection in a higher income area?

Actually, good clearances have to do with foot traffic. Stores that have low foot traffic have greater quantity and higher percentages off. When I had a gift basket business I learned which stores (CVS and any other) had "loser stores" Almost every company out there keeps stores that are not money makers in certain areas just to keep their competition at bay. These stores are company owned, not franchises. Search out areas with low foot traffic and you'll do much better for clearances. I often get 75% to 90% off everything I buy for gifts and HAB. If I use Extra bucks and stack with coupons I walk away with free items. CVS alone this year I spent $40 and saved over $650.00 on gifts. Christmas is looking great on this end.

Also, each store has different clearance days. If you make friends with the managers they will tell you when to come in. For instance, I know that XY and Z stores start marking their clearances on Saturday night to go out for Sunday morning. If I stop by those stores just before closing, I get first pick of everything that is being clearanced Sunday morning. If I don't stop by on Sat. night I know I have to get there first thing Sunday morning when the store opens.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Went tonight and got 2 "Bumpits" for DD's Halloween costume was $4.99 now .49 each.!!
Also got 4 huge bottle of dawn dish soap for $1.50.
I should check a few of the other around me tomorrow when I drop DD off at school. Part of the bargain for me is using almost NO gas to get it. Have to get my coupons this time.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Part of the bargain for me is using almost NO gas to get it. Have to get my coupons this time.
I do that too - but for me the CVS is right on the way home - two blocks from my house. I should stop in more often, but my gift closet is pretty full, so not too much in need right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts