Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whoever comes to this space first each day please copy and paste these this initial post in its entirety for a new daily thread. TIA!

The following questions are GUIDELINES. You may answer all, some, or none of the questions in this thread... they are here soley to promote accountability, support, and encouragement among the members of the Emotional Eating forum. You may wish to copy and paste, quote, or just answer on your own. Post as you feel comfortable, NOT as you feel you must... We are not here to impose more guilt inducing demands. :)

Did I eat mindfully?

Did I take care of and nurture my body?

Did I practice self acceptance and avoid negative self talk?

Did I use my tools of recovery? These may include meal plans, water minimums, journaling, etc.- Whatever works for YOU.

Did I share my experience with food for the day somewhere I feel safe and nurtured? This may be here, in this forum, with a therapist, a close friend, a group such as OA, etc.- Again, whatever works for YOU.

Did I select a word, phrase, and/or quote for the day?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Did I eat mindfully?

Yes, I can remember everything I have eaten today and remember making the decision to eat it beforehand. I ate WHEN I felt hungry, asked myself WHAT I specifically wanted to eat. I am still working on how much but I feel good about this place in my recovery.

Umm... this one is a no... I'm still in my pajamas at 2:30 in the afternoon and I have used the very light drizzle as an excuse not to walk, even though I'd be fine in my raincoat.

Yes, I've had a very good day of this today. I haven't done any mirror work but I absolutely plan to do that as soon as I finish this post.

Did I use my tools of recovery? Right now my tools are blogs, books, and websites that reinforce the lessons of my recovery. I have done some reading today but I don't really recall what it said so I don't think I used this tool effectively.

Did I share my experience with food for the day somewhere I feel safe and nurtured? that's what I'm doing right now. :)

Did I select a word, phrase, and/or quote for the day? Fat is NOT a feeling!

Thanks for reading. :)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Okay, I am an emotional eater...but lately I have somewhat been able to get it under control, at least partially! I mainly use my blog here for this type of thing, but i am going to try to get in on this each day. Just another way of helping me keep on track!

Did I eat mindfully?

Yes, I think I did today. I had a stomach ache and nothing sounded good at lunch time, so I ate 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwich and some doritos, but I carefully debated the doritos and decided it was worth it...so it was mindful. For an afternoon snack, I ate a few animal crackers while sitting with DS on the couch. But I only at about 6 (which was the serving on the box) and I didn't sit and mindless pop them in, which I tend to do!

This is about 50/50. Like Elphie, I was still in my PJ's at 2:30. But at about 3 pm, I got up and showered and got dressed. Plus, I will be going to the gym in about an hour to do at least an hour long workout.

I did feel a bit guilty about the doritos after lunch, but I didn't beat myself up about it. For the most part, I am willing to forgive myself for my eating mistakes as long as it doesn't happen too often!

Did I use my tools of recovery? These may include meal plans, water minimums, journaling, etc.- Whatever works for YOU.
I am set to meet my daily water and fiber supplement intake for the day. And I used my blog to go over yesterdays eating habits, which were particularly bad...but I'll learn from it and move on.

Did I share my experience with food for the day somewhere I feel safe and nurtured? This may be here, in this forum, with a therapist, a close friend, a group such as OA, etc.- Again, whatever works for YOU.
Yep, in my blog.

My phrase for the next few months is and will continue to be "I will NOT be the fat bridesmaid!" It has become my mantra since my brother's wedding is in September. Last October I had to order my dress in a size 16...My mantra seems to be helping, becuase I am now down to a size 12!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Did I eat mindfully?
Yes, today I did plan ahead and did not find myself munching on whatever was around.

I got up early enough to not rush through the morning grooming, and later I will rest.
I have been smoking and drinking dew.... so no not completely on this one.

Not as bad as most days... I did think my hair looked crappy today, but for the most part i was thinking more about my work

I remembered my healthy snacks in my desk at work

here I am

For today... I am more than my body

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Momto2Boyz... glad you found your way here!

inneedofhope... good thought for the day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts