No one in my immediate family is ill.
I have a little garden where I can get lost for hours.
My adult chickens still think I am their mother and give me great joy and laughter when I have to watch where I walk to keep from having a chicken perching on my foot.
That all my baby chicks are doing great and should be ready to join the flock in just a few weeks (could join them now but the babies are still too small and would be hawk bait).
That I was able to get my much-coveted cases of turkey necks and wings. I buy from a guy who delivers and he is ALWAYS out of those! I use them for dog treats and also roast the occasional wing for myself when the mood strikes. My mother loves the necks to use for making broth. But I can only get them a couple of times a year. I was able to get two cases (40 pounds each) of each this time, so now I have to spend a little time rearranging my freezer to fit them all!
1) zucchini! (I've never managed to get any to grow before...I am an epically bad gardener)
2) cash in the bank at the moment and cash in the home (at the moment)
3) good friends who are happy with thrifty fun
1. My brother come home from Texas this weekend (to Pennsylvania) and we got to have a family picnic which was so nice. The rain held off except for the last hour or so and then it was off and on but my sister has a nice big porch and so it worked out well.
2. I got to see my daughter this afternoon which with her job and taking care of her family, I don't get to see her very often so it was a nice surprise when she unexpectedly stopped by.
3. For my apartment and all of my friends that I've made since moving here nearly two years ago.
2. My friend and neighbor just bought a Happy Planner and we plan to have weekly a weekly get together and decorate them each week (she just lives 2 doors down the hall so is close!) We're so excited!!
3. As of this minute, there is no snow on the ground yet and it's almost December! We've had two quick blasts of winter and did have some snow but it didn't last. Not looking forward to it but it's bound to come (and when it does get here, I plan on being grateful for how beautiful it is when it's coming down! :smile2
Happy Thanksgiving, Friends! (What are you all grateful for today?!)
A forum community dedicated to the frugal lifestyle and the enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about simple and green living, cost effective tips, life hacks, debt reduction, recycling, gardening, other homesteading techniques, and more!