Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was my first day of dance class...

I must be honest here and say that I was not looking forward to it, because I dont have any rythm. Then to make matters even worse, my dh even said that!!!!!!!:(

Okay I get in there and there is this little lady welcoming us at the door, and I do see a couple of people that I recognize from other classes so I am not feeling too "alone". Not only that the professor is literally jumping up and down with excitement as we all enter the room.

I sit dowm on the floor and feel stiff and heavy...again not looking forward to this and then the first thing we start doing is doing what she calls out to us ( this is a dance class for elementary teachers) She starts yelling let me see sunflowers, let me see trees!, now let me see my trees swaying in the wind. We did things like that for 3 HOURS NON STOP. We all voted to have class go from *:30 to 12:00 rather than 1:30 so there is no lunch break, however we are encouraged to bring water and snacks.
We stretched, ran in circles, skipped in figure eights, pretended to be elephants, tigers, giraffes...all of this for three hours!!!

Now I must confess, that is the most fum I have had in years. The little kid began to come out. I would get dead dog tired and keep going and then get a second wind. Well, lets just say I had a blast. No class next Friday, (only meets of FRi) because of 4th of July, but cant wait to go back!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am glad you had fun Robin. That sounds like a great stress reliever as well...being able to have fun and act like a kid again.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
That sounds like a lot of fun and what a great workout. I wanna be a tree too Robin, I love it!!!

Dh was just saying at lunch to dd, its okay to enjoy life and live every moment to the fullest!! It sounds like you were doing that in that class. What a riot!!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Oh robin what FUN!!! :) I'm so glad you found something that brings out that kid in ya ;) That's always a blast :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I know you had fun ! I'm so happy, as hard as you've worked I'm glad you have one class you look forward to going too...... I think I may go back to scholl and get a PHD in the hokey pockey ...... LOL

·
27,948 Posts
Sound like crazy liberating fun!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Robin, sounds like just what you needed to release some of your feelings. I wanna be the grass so I can just lay there and move ever so slightly ...BuT only once in a while. :toothy: LMAO

What a great way to get moving, maybe I should do that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts