·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Good luck with her Denise !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess we better wait until we get her calmed down some, before your kids come over to ride, Lori.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Wow that sounds like a horse with an attitude (maybe she's been hanging around my dd LOL). Seriously I do hope you can get her in line soon and as inexpensively as possible. Good luck.

pat

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Sounds like a horse with an attitude is right. Horses like to think they are the boss - once that gets out of them, they are much better.

Our friends own a horse ranch, and they often have to retrain a horse. Sometimes it takes a few months, other times it only takes a few weeks. Hopefully, it won't take long to retrain her.

Hope your son is okay.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My son is fine- he was riding her when she reared up- but managed to stay on through it all.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
He's a real cowboy ! I thiught the same thing about waiting.... We are NOT cowboys .......:D Dh has broken his own horses and said maybe he could help you some with her.......

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I hope you are able to find someone who can help you break her. If you were around us, my dad could do it. He loves to work with horses and everyone from all around brings their horses to him to break. He is very gentle with them and trains them very well. I'll post a pic of one of his horses if I can figure it out...lol!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts