Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest has been saving for a mountain bike and had her heart set on a very expensive one. I think she has been hoping we would just buy it for her, but we told her she has to purchase it and we are sticking to it. Yesturday she found a really nice one at the thrift store for $20.00 that just needed to be cleaned and have a new innnertube put in one tire. Amazingly the same girl who had to have the $400 bike suddenly was thrilled with the $20 one since it is her money being spent. I do believe she is learning!!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
:tay: Awesome job Mom!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My son just started working part time at Savers. I noticed that he is coming home with a bag when he works. He say look at these jeans I got for 4 dollars? I brought a bicycle for 7.99. I gave it to him because I need one with a bigger seat and bigger wheels. He put about 20.00 into it and has been riding it to work. My daughter is still into the mall but hopefully she will learn too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.