Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone teach the classes? Our Chapel here in Germany would like to offer the classes and have asked me to be one of the teachers. Online, all I can find to get certified is in person. That is not an option for us. I have tried calling, but all I can find is "out of the office" voice mails. I have left my number and e-mail on a voice mail, but haven't heard anything back. I doubt they can call me.

Does anyone know if we can get the training online?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I think Ceashels and Greebo taught one. They usually check this forum quite a bit. If they happen to not see maybe pm one of them. Hope this helps.

Good luck getting certified and teaching, and have fun. What a blessing you will be giving those at your Church.

Reactions: Lindsey

·
4,028 Posts
:)

Greebo and I co-facilitated the Financial Peace University at the Church I am associated with. We loved what we were able to get out of it as much as we gave into it.

DR is very supportive of the Military and Military Families and holds both in high esteem. I know he offers a FPU course specifically geared toward the Military. Have you gone through the website?

Military Edition - Financial Peace University - daveramsey.com

The menu list on the left has methods of contacting DR's offices but you might need to put in your husband's information to get the ball rolling. So keep trying all the possible methods there are to get started. It can be a life enhancing experience. :)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
You do NOT have to get certified to teach an FPU class as I recall. That training is for financial counselors, not FPU facilitators.

·
4,028 Posts
Yup, that's right. DR does the teaching in his FPU courses, the facilitator just pushes the DVD button.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Yup, that's right. DR does the teaching in his FPU courses, the facilitator just pushes the DVD button.
And then after the video is over, reads questions from the book and encourages discussion.

If the facilitator is spending more than 10% of the discussion session talking, he's talking too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.