Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Did anyone else have this problem this morning? We have alot of power outages down here in the Keys, so about two years ago I bought a fancy-schmancy alarm clock from Sharper Image, it resets itself by the Atomic Clock somewhere out west whenever the power comes back on.

I've never had a problem with it until today. Seems no one told the Atomic Clock Keeper that we were Springing Forward a few weeks early. I unplugged it and it reset itself but not to the time change!

I can reset it manually but if we have one of our typical power outages in the middle of the night my alarm will end up going off an hour early... On the bright side, if that happens I won't be LATE for work. :sleepy:

On a side note, if I had my preference there wouldn't be daylight savings time, we would go back to following nature's schedule instead...

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I haven't had any problems here, that I know of. I just got up. I set all of my clocks last night before bed. Good luck!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had no problems. I was wondering if the computer clock would move ahead, and it did.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I downloaded the Microsoft plugin for the new daylight savings because I don't have automatic updates.....

Got up this morning and my computer was still an hour off. Stupid Microsoft.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
My computer is still an hour off too. The digital box changed itself correctly though :). I am not awake yet myself, so I might have to go back to bed for another hour or so, I was woken up at 5:30am by my fiance's phone ringing (one of his guy friends who works third shift) and then the cat got sick (ick!) My fiance cleaned that up though, I guess to smooth over the fact that the phone rang so early.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
No problems here, but I set my pc clock last night manually.

I noticed that the Today show is going to interview some folks from Indiana on this morning's show...LOL There is a county that is going from CST to EST and they have to spring ahead 2 hours today! I don't know what the articles is about, except that Indiana is not all on the same time like many other states. Duh!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I cant beleive this but I totally forgot all about it. That is until the phone was ringing at 430am inquiring about DH presence (or lack of ) at work-lol! I see my computer has updated itself, so I will add it to my to do list for after coffee. Have a GREAT Sunday everyone!

·
27,948 Posts
The atomic clocks will be cought up by tomorow. We have 2 and one has updated. They usually update at midnight and some throughout the day. Patience grasshopper.;)

Count me in as one of those who dislikes this time change thing, doesn't make any sense to me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The atomic clocks will be cought up by tomorow. We have 2 and one has updated. They usually update at midnight and some throughout the day. Patience grasshopper.;)

Count me in as one of those who dislikes this time change thing, doesn't make any sense to me.
I changed it manually to a different time zone, now it says the right time but I'll check it again later tonight. Patience is not my strongest virtue!:bolt:

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Daylight savings does make sense to me - you get up one hour earlier for spring - fall to be able to maximize your time with the 'sun' etc so I have been told. Well it makes sense b/c we live where there aint that much sun vs the desert etc :laugh:

Now, I just need to go around resetting all my clocks. The comp did it on its own! I got kicked outta bed by bf who was apparently 'kickboxing' or 'fighting' in his sleep - uh no thanks, shorty dont need no black eye for work Monday am! :lol:

PS: KWLINDA - love the avtar!! Its so cute!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
No problems here. I just looked at the computer clock and it updated itself.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
No problems here. Everything that was supposed to reset itself did and I did the clocks last night. It will take a few days for my body to reset itself though

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
No problems here :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts