Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just in tears today. The hospital is not ready to let DD come home, they don't think she is well enough. She is going to be spending Thanksgiving there. They are serving a dinner from 11:30 to 1:30 and they will let 2 people come and eat with her, so me and my Mom are going to eat with her. DH and DSs are going to stay here and finish up dinner here. It is breaking my heart that she is still there. It is such a sad place, there are 3 10 year olds and 1 8 year old on the unit that she is on, (she is 15). At the multifamily counseling last night only 1 parent out of all the little children (8 and 10 year olds) showed up. It was heart wrenching to see these little kids there all by themselves and no parent to even show any concern for them.

DD seems to be doing a little better but she seems to be so angry with the other kids that are there. Last night at counceling she yelled at one of the other kids (for disrespecting their parents). I just keep praying that she will is getting the help she needs there. I am so drained from all of this that I am just putting it in God's hands and telling him to show me what to do. I am snapping at my DH and DS for the littlest things and they are just trying their best to cope too.

Thanks for letting my cry on your shoulders. Please keep praying for us.

Blessings,
Kathy

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Awe Kathy, I'm sorry !!!! I am sure she is where she needs to be so she can get the help she needs.... but it's hard being separated from your children, especially on the holiday..... Try to have a nice holiday in spite of it and give thanks that she is on the road home and will be there soon and hopefully back to the wonderful girl you know....... :hugz: :hugz: :hugz:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'm so sorry sweetie :( I would feel the same I'm sure, but Lori is right. They wouldn't keep her if they didn't think she really needed the help. {{HUGS}}

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am sorry your family has to be apart during the holiday, But I agree, She is in the place where she needs to be, and you will be there to show your support. Be thankful you can spend some time with her, and she will see that by your presence you are sharing the best part of Thanksgiving, being thankful for our families, they show us strength and give us hope in difficult times.

Blessings,

Nealy

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
i have been where you are now, not necessarily at Thanksgiving, but walking in your shoes none-the-less. Someday you will be able to look back on this day and say to yourself that it was all worth it to be where you are now. Our daughters are just little imitations of ourselves, or at least that is the way we see them. Put your faith in Jesus and let him do all the worrying, I know sometimes that alone is a hard thing to do, but know that you are not alone.:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I am sorry to hear that. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I am so sorry to hear she isn't coming home. but they are right if she needs to stay, it will be best for her.
Those other poor children, at least she has family that loves and cares for her. That is the important thing right now. Take care and we will keep praying for you all.

·
27,948 Posts
Kathy, I'm sorry your dd isn't able to come home yet but am glad to hear she seems to be doing better. I'm so glad your dd has such a loving family to help her through this. And get through this you will...together. Hugs to you and yours.:heartsm:

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
Bless you and your family. I am so sorry you are having these sad times. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts