Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I have to shamelessly brag. Yay for DD!!! She is having a great couple of weeks.

The tri-county area we live in is called "The River Region". Two weeks ago she was one of only five youth to be nominated for the River Region's Youth Volunteer of the Year.

Last week she was elected Student Government President of her high school for next year. She goes to a relatively large school, 1400 students in grades 10-12. What an accomplishment!

Then today she tells me the school informed her today that she will be attending Girl's State this summer and they are paying for it. Only 20,000 girls nationwide are nominated for this each year. She is the only one going from her school this year. Tomorrow is the Honor Assembly and they are going to officially present this honor to her in front of the school.

And, tomorrow she turns 17!!!

We are so proud of her.

PS - I did not even realize all of the school activities she is involved in this year. When I looked through her yearbook this weekend I was reminded that she is in Mu Alpha Theta, Spanish Honor Society, National Honor Society, President of The Young Author's Club, Junior Class Secretary, Student Council Representative, and on the Leadership Board for Bridge Builders.

OK - my shameless brag is over. I am just so stinking proud of the little booger I could scream.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
What a smart and accomplished young lady. You should be very proud of her. Happy Birthday to your terrific DD! :thumb:

Reactions: Neeley

·
27,948 Posts
:woohoo1:How wonderful & Happy Birthday to your dd. Isn't it the greatest seeing your children come into their own?

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
You should be proud and happy birthday and big congrats to her!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That's great and Happy B-day to her.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Wow! She sounds like an amazing, well-rounded girl! :dust:

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Wow! That's awesome, tell her congratulations! :clap:

·
Registered
336 Posts
WooHoo!!! Your daughter is the woman-lol. That is great that she volunteers so much. I am a big fan of that and we do a lot. Honor society and Spanish honor society, they are nothing to sneeze at. She will have a ball at Girls State. I know a few people who have gone and they loved it. That just shows what a wonderful mother you are. Look at the terrific girl you have raised. Shout it from the rooftops. It is a great day. Tell her happy birthday and that she is a great example of today's youth. I am very glad that you shared and your daughter has a very bright future.:mdance::grwave::clap:

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks so very much everyone!!! We are so proud of her.

The Honor's Assembly went beautifully. She was recognized for being the representative to Girl's State and noted as the president-elect. However, we didn't expect her to get any other awards or recognitions. We were surprised when she received awards for the highest yearly average in A.P. Biology and A. P. History. Last year she received the award for the highest averages in Geometry, Pre-A.P. Biology and A.P. History (it's a two year course).

She was also informed that she would be one of 16 school ambassadors. Ambassadors represent the school at various functions, lead school tours, go to different events to be the "Thank You Crew" when the school gets a large donation from a civic group, etc...Pretty much they are the school's representatives to the public. The only bad part in her eyes is that Ambassadors have to wear dresses to a majority of the functions and DD is NOT a dress person. She is a blue jean and t-shirt kind of girl.

She is on cloud nine and I doubt she will ever come down.

·
27,948 Posts
Aww, isn't that just the best?! So happy for her & you, her proud Mom.

·
19,119 Posts
congratulations to all of you!! You should be so proud of her!! Great job mom and DD!! Mahalo for bragging - this is the perfect place to do so!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts