Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DD & I were shopping at Meijer yesterday, as we passed the frozen food section she brushed against a guard post in front of a frozen food endcap.... It scratched her lag and made a very small tear in her shorts... We soon checked out and went to the service desk to tell them of the hazard. A member of managment asked is she needed medical attention, I said it was minor and didn't look like it would. He asked us to show them where she got scratched and said "That is very sharp, I'm so sorry you got hurt! I'll have this fixed today so no-one else gets hurt, he told dd to go pick out a new pair of shorts. She picked her fav pair (a $26.00 pair) and they gave it to her and a wipe and bandaid....
It wasn't a good thing, but the new pair of cool shorts took the sting out of the scratch and hopefully they have it fixed .....

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I'm sorry your daughter got hurt. :(

I bet she likes her new shorts! :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Lori, I am glad she wasn't hurt any worse than what it was. I hope they got it fixed right away so noone else came along and got hurt. They seemed to handle the situation well...asking about her needing medical attention and then offering her a free pair of shorts.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Sorry she got hurt!! It was nice of them to replace her ripped shorts! :)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Lori,
I am glad that she was not hurt worse. I am so glad that you and dd told someone about it. I am sure she is thrilled with her shorts but the main thing is that you guys made the store take responsibility. Great lesson for all of us.

pat

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
So glad she is not hurt bad! I think that is the sign of good management. They made sure she was ok, got the problem fixed, and provided compensation.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is certainly the sign of good management. I am sorry your DD got hurt but I am happy that she got her shorts that she wanted. :D .

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was a bit disappointed, dd & I went to Meijer and they had not fixed the problem.....:mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts