Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the best spot to post this, but I'm looking at a watch for my husband for Christmas. He has been asking for a watch for months now. We have a $100 budget for each other.

I found the perfect watch on Overstock for $139.99. I have a 10% coupon and free shipping. It's not enough!!! Does Overstock ever have 20% coupons? I can't seem to find one.

I was thinking maybe a discounted gift card? Ebay? Any other ideas? (other than opening a charge card!)

Subtotal: $139.99
Coupon Savings: - $14.00
Shipping: FREE
Total Savings: $14.00
Total: $125.99

G

·
I've never seen a % coupon over 10%, but occasiaonlly they put out $20 on $100 kind of coupons. Check retailmenot.com for current codes.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Overstock constantly changes their prices, I bet if you want a few more weeks it will go down.

I have a Cal King bed and Overstock is about the only place I can find decent thread count sheets to fit for a good price.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

They do have the best sheets!

I have been watching it for a few months, it hasn't gone down. They have watches on sale this week but it is not one of them.

Also, buying this would mean no stocking for him. Maybe I just need to find a less expensive watch.

Last year I was able to buy him a great coat on overstock for about $80 and still have enough left over for a stocking!

·
Registered
669 Posts
I found a nice Seiko watch for my husband at Overstock last year for around 80 or 90. Less expensive than the one he bought for himself some years ago and he likes it better.

Do you have a Discover card? I think you get a discount on Overstock by buying through their website.

I love their sheets, it's the only place I buy them anymore. Plus I brought a great DVR with a hard disk there, they've not been in stock, I'd buy another one.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: I got the watch today for $114.20 including shipping!! Waiting does pay off!

Now I just need a creative (free) way to fill his stocking!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Congrats on getting the watch at a great price.

So sheets are the thing to get at overstock, thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: gmarie
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.