Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand you. I give you fresh water daily but you rather lick the kitchen sink, bathtub, dip your paws in my personal water glass and lick them or most of all....drink out of the giant endless water bowl in the bathroom.

Silly kitties. :D

·
Registered
906 Posts
LOL! They are funny aren't they. I type this as my kittens are flying across the room chasing each other, harassing the dog and senior kitties. They are perfect for our household though. It was way to quiet after my girls died.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Yep, Love them, but can't understand any of mine!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
yep. A person never owns a cat....they own you! :laugh:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Cats are the best pet--they don't hesitate to take advantage of their situation !!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Palooka,
I so needed that! My girl was moody this morning. Didn't want us sleeping in even 20 minutes & still wasn't happy once she was fed. Finally, she let us know she wanted to go outside for some grass. Bless her kitty heart for putting up w/her incompetent staff!

·
Registered
719 Posts
My parent's had 3 cats (we brought the kitten we got when I was 8 down to FL with us, he's 15 now and "retired" in FL :D). Two of them, my cat KC and our female cat Kia, were perfectly content drinking from their water dish on the floor which was right next to the food dish. The other one, Romey, a little black cat, has NEVER drank from the water dish. My mom has always had to fill up one of those big Slim Jim glasses (about 10 inches tall) and keep it on the counter (over by the kitchen sink, not near food prep LOL.) Romey will eat his food and then instead of drinking from the water dish he will march over to the counter and jump up to drink from the glass. Does he drink like a "normal" cat? No. He dips his paw in and drinks from it. Always. It's the only way he will drink his water. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Does he drink like a "normal" cat? No. He dips his paw in and drinks from it. Always. It's the only way he will drink his water. :rolleyes:
Aaaawwwww. You reminded me of a cat I had growing up. She would not bend to eat out of the dish. She would pick up the piece of food with her paw then bring it to her mouth.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dear mommy Palooka, I am tactal. I like to lick and lick and lick plastic garbage bags for the same reason. Gotta luv me. I'm the baby!!
Aahhh, my roommate's cat does that! I'd never heard of it until I met her. She does it for attention - if that doesn't work she scratches the wall...for that 'nails on a chalkboard' effect.

And she yells at us if we leave the toilet closed. :(

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
There is now an additional water bowl in the bedroom. Seems to please my cat since she thinks the bedroom is her room.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Ha! Mine steals pins and needles out of my pincushion. The pins I can usually find because of the colored heads, but I am still missing two needles...

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ha! Mine steals pins and needles out of my pincushion. The pins I can usually find because of the colored heads, but I am still missing two needles...
Eek! LOL. Mine thinks gravity is just way too much fun. He even stares right at me as he's pushing something off of a table. I think he knows just what buttons to push....

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
i have a pitcher in the bathroom that i 'catch' the cold water from the tap until it turns hot enough to wash my face with...i then use the pitcher water to pour in the back of the toilet tank...

well kitty #2 decided not long after i started doing this that this was his new personal water supply for upstairs...(being he may just be too tired to make the long trek down the stairs to his waterbowl should he require a drink)...so if the pitcher is empty he gets quite pissed off and now i have to keep it full all the time...

the same kitty also thinks that any glass of water of mine is also a glass of water for him....and prefers to drink out of my cup over going to his own waterbowl....at least i have FINALLY taught him to stop putting his FEET in it.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts