Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scheduled the last payment on the debt! Gone! :hocus:

I didn't do it the frugal way. I had several months left with it at 0% interest, but I was so, so tired of thinking about it that I pulled the money out of savings and just paid the sucker off. It's been nice looking at that money in savings, but on the other hand, I had to keep telling myself not to get excited -- it wasn't mine. But now I can start building it up again and it WILL be mine. It is worth every penny in lost interest for a few months not to have that hanging over my head. I'll just consider that my stupid tax for having the debt in the first place, though some of it was unavoidable. No emergency fund when I needed it ... which is, of course, another lesson.

Thanks to all of you for all your great ideas and input on frugality and dealing with debt. It helped and made the grind a little less wearing and a lot more fun!

:yippee: :cheergrl: :fdance: :cheergrl: :yippee:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
That's awesome you paid off your debt and you did do it in a frugal way, smart way too, no interest but now you owe nothing, that's the best part :)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Congrats! I plan on doing this too (pulling from savings temporarily) just in case mine doesn't get paid off before the 0% interest ends.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Congratulations! I bet it's a huge load off your shoulders!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
that's great news!! :congrats:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yahoo! Congratulations! What an accomplishment.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
:rockon: Congratulations!!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Congrats!!

--Michelle

·
Registered
171 Posts
:chug: WTG!!!
I did this as well.
I didn't want the interest-free period to end and I didn't need the money in savings "losing" interest because of debt!!

Congrats!!! What a great feeling it is!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts