Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I paid the final payment on my LOC (I realize now it was stupid to convert unsecured debt into a secured debt but it DID give me white-hot incentive to get it paid off and the interest rate was a wonderful 3%). I paid off $18,601.23 in 25 months. This leaves me debt free, including my house. I have a 2008 vehicle that is paid for, as well, and in good shape for (hopefully) many years to come.

I really am very shy so up until recently haven't posted much to this site, but I really did draw a lot of inspiration from the stories of success and those of ongoing courage. It made me not feel sorry for myself and it made me at times humble.

My focus now will be to build up my 8-month emergency fund. I plan to stick around FV and keep learning. Thank you to all for sharing what you do, recipes, encouragement, head's up on deals, and for accountability.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Congratulations! Fantastic job, many kudos to you.

·
27,948 Posts
Woot! Go you! :clap:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
congrats on all the work you've done and good look with your future

·
4,028 Posts
:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Congratulations! Your story will now inspire someone else. I'm happy that you now have such financial freedom.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Fantastic News!! WTG!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
congulation that shows what fv can help people do if we read and put things into practice.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!! in a good way, you are an INSPIRATION!!!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Woo-hoo!!!! Impressive.
Can you give us an idea of how old you are and what kind of work you do?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, everyone. Mary, I am in my late-40s, and I'm a Media Asset Librarian in an IT department.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congratulations! What a wonderful inspiration!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh you must feel soooooo good! I can only think how I'll feel when I finish off my mortgage in another 4 years (or less!) I'll do a little victory dance for you!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Woohoo cheerleader dance time :cheergrl: :cheer4:

·
Registered
628 Posts
That is FANTASTIC! Way to go!

:dancing: :grwave: :dancing:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.