Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last chance to make 2008 as productive and memorable as possible, then it's GONE, GONE, GONE, and we're on to a new calendar! What are you going to do to finish out the year right?

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My December 2008 goals:

• To actually accomplish all my FV challenges (5 in all)
  • To track, to the penny, every penny spent this month!
  • To get rid of that stubborn five pounds! (I swear, it's baby fat!)
  • To make this Christmas peaceful and warm, and a celebration to remember for my family.
  • To enter 2009 feeling in control and organized, and looking forward to what lies ahead!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
December 2008 Goals:
~Lose 3 pounds (same 3 pounds I've been trying to loose since July!)
~30 minutes of cardio 3 days/week
~Take vitamin everyday
~Make Christmas well planned and peaceful

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I am only going to go with one goal this month. There are lots of other things that I can, would, should, yada,yada, accomplish. I have managed to let my overall health- weight- fitness level fall to the bottom of the barrell over the last year and so I need to make it a priority. While I'd like to say the one goal is to lose 5 lbs. I need to focus more on the long term benefits of the goal I set for this month. Instead of a poundage goal I am going to set a realistic excersize goal.

~~~~ 15 minutes of excersize everyday

I will work on the other challenges I sign up for but this will be my priority for the month.

Reactions: peanut

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I'm going to concentrate on getting my little savings account up over $150. This is an account I opened just for me. I put the money I make from surveys, recycling aluminum cans, and some of my rebates in it. I'm at $116.16 and I have some survey and rebate checks on the way.

Cat

·
Registered
956 Posts
my biggest goal for this month is just making it through it lol. This month is usually the slowest work-wise for DH, plus he'll have a couple unexpected days off this week due to hitting a deer and having to have the work truck repaired before he can go back to work, so this will be an extremely tight month all around. Thank goodness I have a small stash on hand that was already designated for Christmas for the kiddos. :)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I posted some goals in my personal challenge, but I'll share some of them here too!

-Completely clean and de-clutter the house by the 15th.

-Do some OAMCing so DH can cook while I'm recovering

-Set some attainable financial goals/plans for 2009

-Add at least $100 to the EF

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Thanks RootedNomad. I, too, need to set a basic exercise goal. The pounds thing is just too discouraging. Right now I want to be able to fit in all the exercises the physiotherapist recommended for back and knee. Then I'll work on other exercises. Sigh.

My main goal is to survive Christmas. I am going to talk to the kids and see if they don't mind foregoing turkey this year. In the past they've voted for tortiere (meat pie) and ham... so I guess my goal is to set my Christmas menu soon, so I can do up a grocery list and see how much it's going to cost me.

I thought we'd dealt with the girls presents, but one mentioned needing a waterproof windproof jacket. Can't buy it here, so she's going to have to buy it down east. She'll need someone to go shopping with her who knows what they're doing. I'm thinking of pulling my sister, who lives down there, in on this. Depends if DD#2 wants her involved. It will mean an extra $200 or so we hadn't planned on spending.

I also have a goal to wind down my Money Makeover thread. Got to do some real serious windup stuff so people get the gist of the difference between January and December.

I've got a book to read soon...in the next 10 days...for book club. I hear it's a heavy read. I'll have to be sure to take notes.

Need to finish DH's socks for his Christmas present.

That's about it.

Jean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts