Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I'll be baking a few cookies and I'm working on my list now. But it sure won't be as hefty as DC's list. :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Sugar cookies, seven layer bars, Hermits, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter blossoms. I'll also make several kinds of candy, too. I love Christmas! :)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Funny, I was planning on making some no bakes tomorrow but I don't think they count.:shrug2: It wouldn't be Christmas without sugar cookies and Buckeyes.

Cat

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Funny, I was planning on making some no bakes tomorrow but I don't think they count.:shrug2: It wouldn't be Christmas without sugar cookies and Buckeyes.

Cat
Mmm I love no bake cookies !

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I am baking biscotti and truffles to err.....sample the ones I want to give away for Christmas...lol

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I have alot to do! Going to get started on some today. I need to plan out my gingerbread house too! :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I just started working on my list of what I am going to make.

I am going to give some as gifts this year. A lot of people I know, don't bake at all and they really appreciate a home baked cookie.

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
HappyMama - are those homemade truffles in your avatar?! They look GOOD!

tervs - I know. Most of everyone I (we if you incl DF & I) know will be getting sugar cookies.

I have this huge box of mix (yes a mix!) that I need to use up - so all I need to do is buy a crap ton of butter and use it up. Cheap gifts :) I think I have enough $1 store tins too. Otherwise I'm going to buy fancy festive Christmas plates/platters if they make them.

BTW: I just remembered DF wants to drop something off to the hospital clinic he goes to weekly as well as the fire dept for helping him off the beach when he broke his ankle.

So....sugar cookies it is!

Any tips on how to freeze them and thaw them? I'd love to bake ahead and freeze so its just easier on me (us) all around.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
HappyMama - are those homemade truffles in your avatar?! They look GOOD!
Thanks Libby, ! Yes they are homemade, problem is I love to sample...lol :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Peanut Butter Logs?! *perks* Do tell....
It's more like a no bake cookie with peanut butter and a few other ingredients. You add in rice crispie cereal in it and roll like a log and put in fridge. I used cheerios instead. :p

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Recipe??? Pretty please

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Oh jesh, recipe please - mmmm pb logs! :)
You made me dig back out my cookbook. :D

1 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups Rice Krispies

Heat peanut butter with powdered sugar and butter until soft.. Work in Rice Krispies. Shape into logs. Frost or roll in coconut and store in fridge.

It's simple and my kids like it. :)

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Thank You Palooka!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Your welcome. It's from a very dated cookbook that my ex MIL gave me, but there is many great recipes and family favorites in there. :) I saw my old sticky finger prints on many pages when I was looking back through it today. I like that, sign of a good cookbook. :D

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A lot of people I know, don't bake at all and they really appreciate a home baked cookie.
Yep.........same here.......or they don't make candy and always want some of what I make.....which varies.

I....swear.......I AM going to get my pecan rolls made this year. I hope to have the nougat part made over the weekend so it can go in the freezer.

I made a pineapple pie today.....but no baking........about half of this or more will be given away........I just wanted something tropical!! It is the one on here........and I made a few changes.

http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/pies-tarts/104231-pineapple-pie.html#1209548

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.