Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...AT THE DOLLAR STORE!! I've always wanted to decorate but never could spend the money so I made a challenge to myself that I would decorate my apartment with only dollar store goods, but still make it look good. So far the bathroom is done and looks so pretty. I wish I could post a pic but here is what I got:
A "gold" picture frame with a picture of a perfume bottle i cut from a magazine
Two fake purple orchids
a clear glass vase
2 "gold" and clear glass candle holders (they look antique)
4 purple flower shaped votive candles
one lavender and dark purple pillar candle
1 bag of seashells
5 lilac coloured scarves
3 crystal perfume bottles
1 black, purple, and lavender floor mat

The shells are in the bottom of the vase with the orchids and also around the candle and along the bathroom shelf
The scarves are draped around the mirror and the shower curtain.

The only thing I didn't get from the dollar store was the shower curtain that I bought last year...clear with black, silver and white dots...

I'm so excited....onto the kitchen next!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's fabulous! :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Great job! you got a lot for 15.00 :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
WTG! It sounds really nice....can't wait for you to put the pictures up.

leezza

·
Registered
660 Posts
very cool! I should give myself a challenge like that. Ive been on my own for a couple of years, and I have yet to decorate anything. For the first year and a half we didnt even have furniture! We figured if we waited long enough someone would be giving it away, and sure enough! We got two couches, a futon, coffee table, two end tables, entertainment center, recliner, and computer desk for free! Now, just to get that decorating stuff done.....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Awesome! I wish you could post pictures because I would love to see -- sounds beautiful. :) I think I may do something like this for myself when we move. Right now, nothing in our apartment is "decorated" (aside from a cute Finding Nemo framed picture I have hanging in the bathroom which DBF gave me) and I think it would help the new place feel more like home.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Way to go! It sounds pretty! :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's awesome, can't wait to see a pic :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
sounds like you had fun too while achieving that goal. Great job!!! sounds very pretty.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
It sounds lovely and you did it on such a great budget. Kudos to you for the creativity and great bargains :) .

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I love the dollar store :). I think it sounds like a beautiful bathroom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts