Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone decorate for Thanksgiving? I'm going to do a little bit tomorrow. Just taking down a few fall items...scarecrows etc and going to add my turkey's.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Not really. I just get in the mood for fall candles and all those wonderful scents. Oh I need some new ones now....

·
Registered
540 Posts
I don't because it doesn't last long... I decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving day...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
yep doing that today. will leave up a few.But ghost and bats are coming down.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I don't because it doesn't last long... I decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving day...
I usually decorate the next day for Christmas. Thanksgiving is an annoying holiday for me. :jug: heh

It's also the time that I get high smelling the wood burning stoves in our neighborhood. Love that smell.

But I suppose I'm off topic. :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
I usually decorate the next day for Christmas. Thanksgiving is an annoying holiday for me. :jug: heh

It's also the time that I get high smelling the wood burning stoves in our neighborhood. Love that smell.

But I suppose I'm off topic. :D
The day or so before, I pull all my x-mass decor out of the tubs there in, pack the things in to the tubs that are in the spots the decor is going, then start on Thanksgiving with the decorating and usually go into till the next day..

We don't have any family here, but the four of us, so except for cooking it isn't a busy day..

And yes, I'd like to see pictures of anyones Thanksgiving decorations.....

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Don't decorate much for Thanksgiving usually Thanksgiving evening youngest daughter and some of the grandkids put up Christmas tree, decorate it then i put up some decoration next day or two.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got mine put out today.

Here is the top of my dish cabinet.

Cornucopia on the table.

Everything is was pretty much already done with fall stuff.

There is more around the house and on the porch but I'll stop with these. Don't want to overload. LOL

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Heartofmine - you have a beautiful home and love the decorations! Thank you for sharing.

I don't decorate for Thanksgiving. I will decorate fir Christmas Thanksgiving weekend though. :)

Reactions: heartofmine

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Wow, that was very pretty. You have a lot of wonderful decorations! Thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Changed my mind...here is a few more.

I love the red cabinets! Everything looks wonderful! I don't do too much for Thanksgiving, just try to set a nice table, and I love the wonderful fall candles and our fireplace. Makes it feel and smell homey to me.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Beautiful pics Heartofmine today I will take down my fall deco and add my turkeys and pilgrim candles. I have some spiced cider burning it's heavenly! My avatar is my fall wreath in the livingroom.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I have decorated

I put out four things

The pilgrim lady on the dinning room table

On the buffet the give thanks pumpkin and the wheat (harvest) angel

The welcome sign out front on the porch has the pumpkin on it.

on Thanksgiving day I will set the table with the thanksgiving table runner and the tea lights tray.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts