Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the primitive decor because it's so homey. I have much to do in the decor dept of our home but I'm doing it a little at a time. Our kitchen has two windows and I really didn't want to hang curtains. My husband built 2 shelves in front of the windows. With the bottom window frame and the center, I have a total of 4 'shelves'. I found succulents online fairly inexpensive (couldn't find any friends w/ the one's I wanted). Then I added the plants to old spice containers, old tea cups, a flour sifter, a glass electric thing (used to sit ontop of electric lines), etc. Just any old containers I could find. Here's the end result. hehe you can see the sheets drying on the line through the window lolol

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
This is lovely. I love plants and like that you reused those types of containers. You have great light in your kitchen! I wish I had more sunlight in mine.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I love all the different containers and the way you've arranged them. I can never get things to line up nicely like that. And it's so nice and bright in your kitchen.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! My husband just finished the second window in the kitchen for me. So far it is just succulents, just pretties to look at (although there are a few aloe). But I plan on adding herbs to the second window.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts